Is EasyBlog restricted access possible?

7 years 3 months ago #289458 by AlexRag
I was hoping to find out if there is a way for CBSubs to control blog posts using Easy Blog in much the same way that native joomla articles are where the READ MORE link redirects to a registration page.

I am aware CBSubs can block the entire component but I would like it it function like native articles where only the content before the READ MORE is visible

I had asked the developers (StackIdeas) the same question and they replied as follows:
"It depends on how CBSubs are restricting this. In EasyBlog we do not have such ACL but if CBSubs is working on the system plugin layer, they could redirect upon reading the full entry view if the user has no access (If this is what is being done by CBSubs)"

stackideas.com/easyblog

Any advice on find out if this is possible?

Thanks,
Alex

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #289464 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Is EasyBlog restricted access possible?

AlexRag wrote: I was hoping to find out if there is a way for CBSubs to control blog posts using Easy Blog in much the same way that native joomla articles are where the READ MORE link redirects to a registration page.

I am aware CBSubs can block the entire component but I would like it it function like native articles where only the content before the READ MORE is visible

I had asked the developers (StackIdeas) the same question and they replied as follows:
"It depends on how CBSubs are restricting this. In EasyBlog we do not have such ACL but if CBSubs is working on the system plugin layer, they could redirect upon reading the full entry view if the user has no access (If this is what is being done by CBSubs)"

stackideas.com/easyblog

Any advice on find out if this is possible?

Thanks,
Alex

You can check out the CBSubs URL parts protection feature (see documentation).

7 years 3 months ago #289466 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Is EasyBlog restricted access possible?
That's awesome. I'll have a closer look! Thanks Nick - Happy New Year!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn