How to create a custom package subscription?

7 years 3 months ago #289522 by dmsoftware
Hello, it will happen that certain clients will need a customized package subscription. Is there a way to create such a subscription without having to create a plan? Otherwise I will have to create dozens of plans for just one client. thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #289539 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How to create a custom package subscription?
If you're just wanting to modify the price of an existing subscription you can create personalized coupons. Otherwise yes you'll need to make a custom plan per custom usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #289563 by dmsoftware
Replied by dmsoftware on topic How to create a custom package subscription?
Ok, let me explain it better. Let's say I want to create a custom bundle package with the following services:

web hosting
dedicated ip
ssd hd
ssl cert installation
cms installation
customized setup

they are all products. Can I create such a recurring bundle? if not, how can this be accomplished? probably I am asking something that is not necessarily what CB subs should do, in that case is there a Joomla cart component that is somehow well integrated with CB Subs? thanks.

7 years 3 months ago #289574 by krileon
I'd make web hosting a parent plan with the others as non-exclusive child plans of web hosting plan. That's the best I can suggest.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #289589 by dmsoftware
Replied by dmsoftware on topic How to create a custom package subscription?
To be honest with you guys, even if I am not a skilled dev I must say that for I would have expected a bit more from this component, considering its price. I it requires quite some customisation to make it do like what I want. In addition to that, I noticed that Joomlapolis (your website) is using WHMCS (which is the same system I am using now) for the hosting part, so this leads me to think that my attemp to use CB Subs for hosting will be useless.

7 years 3 months ago #289621 by krileon
Well you're trying to use CBSubs for a usecase it was never designed to cover so I don't know what to tell you. It doesn't have any of the functionality for managing a domain. It was originally created just to cover our usecase of subscriptions for support and downloads. It has since grown past our usecase and will continue to grow with every release. Being unable to renew multiple plans at once is a major planned feature though, but I don't know when it'll be implemented.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn