Automatically renewed every user without payment

7 years 3 months ago #289809 by cc0623
The settings are set to "not automatically renew", it is set to manual. All the memberships automatically renewed without payment and without the member requesting to renew. I cannot figure out a way to turn every membership back to expire 12/31/2016, so the members may choose to renew when trying to log into an expired account. There is a grace period of 7 days upon expiration of membership.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #289832 by krileon
There's no way it could automatically renew unless a recurring profile was created at PayPal and PayPal paid it, which CBSubs would respect the payment and renew them. If the plan never had recurring payments and no recurring profiles exist at your payment gateway then there's no way for it to renew automatically.

There is a grace period of 7 days upon expiration of membership.

The subscription will not truly expire until your grace period has ended so it'll still be marked active.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #289838 by cc0623
You are right, poor explanation on my part. See images below. It says last renew date was 01/01/2016 but the expiration says 12/31/2017, so the membership was extended. I must have the time set for the membership wrong.

Can you see my error from these views? Is there any way to rollback the membership expiration to 12/31/2016?
Attachments:

7 years 3 months ago #289839 by krileon
Subscribing 01/01/2017 and expiring on 12/31/2017 is correct as that's a full calendar year and you've it set to by calendar year. The 01/01/2016 expiring 12/31/2017 appear to have been renewed at some point, but the last renewal date isn't set so I've no idea what's up with those. Was the payment gateway or plan parameters changed at any time while users had already subscribed? Changing gateway parameters and plan parameters while a user is already subscribed doesn't have an affect on existing subscriptions in most cases.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #289842 by cc0623
I noticed this problem I have today. Prior to 2017 everything looked good, the plan was set to expire 12/31/2016. Is there anyway I can roll the memberships back (there are 20 with this issue)? I removed the grace period. Nothing has changed with the payment gateways and no payments have been submitted for renewal yet through the payment gateways. Once I realized what occurred I attempted to change some settings to resolve the issue but it had no effect.

7 years 3 months ago #289848 by krileon
On the CBSubs > Subscriptions page click the # under the Id column to edit the subscription. You can manually change the dates of the subscription there. I still don't have an explanation for those renewals unless the users did it themselves.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn