Simple Donation

7 years 2 months ago #290950 by highonryan
Simple Donation was created by highonryan
I am new, and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

I have searched for an answer, read over the manual, but I think I am missing something.

Is there a guide to setting up donation plans? In the manual, section 7.5 goes through the process of setting up subscriptions, but never goes through donations.

I have successfully set up three subscription plans, that a potential member can chose from.

What I would like is a donation form where either a subscriber can make a donation.

Is there a guide on setting up donation plans?

Basically, I want a way for people who have subscribed, no matter the level to be able to make a one time donation.

Thanks in advance,
Ryan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 2 months ago #290982 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Simple Donation
Within CBSubs > Plans create a new plan and for "Type of product" select "Donation". The configuration is relatively the same except for under the Pricing tab as you'll need to configure what kind of donations you want to allow (e.g. specific values or allow them to supply their own, etc..).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 2 months ago #291020 by highonryan
Replied by highonryan on topic Simple Donation
Thank you for getting back to me.

I guess, first, I am confused by the "Workflows" tab.

Under "Plan settings: Registration and profile workflows:" I have "Registration CB workflows" set to No. If someone is already registered, they don't need to register again to donate.

Then under "Subscriptions upgrades workflows" I have set to No, because there is nothing to upgrade from, it's a donation. But when I set this to NO, it disappears from my donation page. (I am using the Menu Item CB Plugin CB Subscription Plans menu and linking directly to the plan ID).

I am confused, because the Donation plan is just a donation for members, why would they need to upgrade.

Thanks,
Ryan

7 years 2 months ago #291082 by krileon

Under "Plan settings: Registration and profile workflows:" I have "Registration CB workflows" set to No. If someone is already registered, they don't need to register again to donate.

That's not what that parameter does. You turned off the donation plan during registration. You can not donate without being registered. CBSubs does not have public payment functionality.

Then under "Subscriptions upgrades workflows" I have set to No, because there is nothing to upgrade from, it's a donation. But when I set this to NO, it disappears from my donation page. (I am using the Menu Item CB Plugin CB Subscription Plans menu and linking directly to the plan ID).

Turning off upgrades turns off the ability for existing register users to purchase the plan (e.g. in this case make a donation).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 2 months ago #291101 by highonryan
Replied by highonryan on topic Simple Donation
krileon,

Thanks again for the reply. Also thank you for being patient as I figure this out.

I have reread section 14.2 - GUC2: Donation Site of the CBSubs Manual, and see the setup for Donations.

I took your advice and the steps from manual, and have the donation showing for logged in members, but I have a new problem.

I have a page that has User Subscription Plans; 1) Free for one year 2) Newsletter 3) Supporting Member... during registration, I want them to chose one of these three.

Then if they wish to donate, after they registered, they can

Currently, the Donation plan also shows on the registration page containing the User Subscription plans.

How can I turn off the Donation plan on the User Subscription plan page?

Thanks,
Ryan
Attachments:

7 years 2 months ago #291148 by krileon
If you don't want the donation plan to display on registration you can disable its registration output under the Workflows tab of your donation plan.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds