Monthly plan start date

7 years 2 months ago #291413 by bizguy
Monthly plan start date was created by bizguy
How can I configure a monthly plan to start on the 1st of the month, regardless of when the plan is subscribed to?

As an example, I am looking to subscribe to a plan today, but my monthly subscription would begin March 1st and each renewal would be on the 1st of each month.

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 2 months ago #291423 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Monthly plan start date
A "This calendar month" plan duration should do exactly that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #291453 by bizguy
Replied by bizguy on topic Monthly plan start date
Thanks for clarifying Kyle.

Here is what I want to accomplish and how I have configured it. If there is something I have configured incorrectly for the desired outcome, please let me know:

I have 6 child plans within a parent group: red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple. The red plan is Free and can be subscribed to after registration. The rest of the plans, the next is more expensive than the previous. A member can subscribe to any plan during a month, and the new plan will become effective on the 1st of the upcoming month or they may make no change to their current monthly plan. They can always go back to the Red plan and will not incur any cost, beginning the next month until a new plan is selected.

Here is how I have configured each plan:
  • Price display of plan : [AUTOMATIC]
  • Exclusive plan: Exclusive, other plans of the same parent cannot be subscribed same time, but one subscription is necessary
  • Is the first amount and period different: Always same price and period
  • Regular Validity duration: This calendar month
  • Prorate remaining value of this plan when upgrading: no
  • Bonus time before first period start: No Bonus
  • Bonus time when reactivating expired subscriptions: no Bonus
  • Renewable in advance by: 2 weeks
  • Grace period before real expiration: none
  • Can be reactivated if expired or cancelled since more than: Can be reactivated at anytime
  • Can be reactivated if expired or cancelled since less than: Can be reactivated at anytime
  • Manual renewal extends expiration date as follows: Renewal starts at renewal date or expiration date, whichever happens last (allows free gap)
  • Auto-recurring renewals: Yes subscribe user to automatic recurring payments
  • Allow upgrade to this: Yes
  • Propose plan for upgrades only if it is more expensive: No it is possible to upgrade to this plan (for free with pro-rating) if all conditions below and elsewhere are met
  • Propose spontaneously plan for upgrades: No, hide this plan from upgrades and from access proposals, unless specifically included in URL (* configured this way for all plans except Red, so Red is the only option that displays as an upgrade in a user's subscriptions profile tab. The rest are through promo page URL links.)
  • Multiple subscriptions per user: Only one subscription at a time
  • Allow new subscriptions: Yes
  • Allow access from site frontend
  • Visible for Access Level: Public
  • Visible for Group (and above this group): Public

As there are a lot of option combinations, let me know if anything does to NOT support my intended configuration.
Thank you.

7 years 2 months ago #291470 by krileon
You may want to consider some bonus time as a user could subscribe in the last week of the month for example resulting in paying for that entire month, but only getting a week subscription. Aside from that suggestion everything looks ok to me.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 2 months ago #291524 by bizguy
Replied by bizguy on topic Monthly plan start date
Ok, I am confused now.

I thought that using "This Calendar Month" would begin a subscription on the 1st of next month (see my first question and your answer).

I don't want the subscription to take effect in the month it is made, but to begin the next month and then continue on month to month after that, like an apartment rental. Although you would negotiate the rental this month, you would move in and your rental would begin next month.

7 years 2 months ago #291551 by krileon
That duration subscribes them for the current month. It does not subscribe them for the next month. If they subscribe within the last 3 days of a month it'll only subscribe them for 3 days of that month. The below would likely work for your scenario.

Is the first amount and period different: Different first period and price for Registration and Upgrade
First payment price of plan: $50
Initial validity duration: This and next calendar month

Regular Price of plan: $50
Regular Validity duration: This calendar month

Manual renewal extends expiration date as follows: Renewal extends expiration date (without gap or overlap)

I believe that should give you what you're looking for. When they first subscribe they'll be given whatever is left of the current month then all of next month. Renewals after that would be for the current month (or next if they're renewing in advance).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn