Monthly plan start date

7 years 2 months ago #291719 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Monthly plan start date
lol, no dumb questions here. All good questions with reasonable concerns. It seams your usecase is basically equipment rental which is an interesting usecase that I've yet to see for CBSubs and hope it certainly works out as needed as it's just one more awesome thing CBSubs can do. :)

Can This and next calendar month as the First period pricing and validity followed by a 1 month plan for the Regular Plan pricing and validity work? I am hoping to use a recurring payment process to avoid the necessity of manual renewals each month.

Yup, you can certainly do that if you want renewals to be strictly 30 days. If you want it to be strictly month by month you could use a "This calendar month" duration for the regular duration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 2 months ago #291729 by bizguy
Replied by bizguy on topic Monthly plan start date
Yes, I am really amazed at what CBSubs and CB can do with a bit of creative thinking.

I'll make the change to This calendar month as I want it to follow the month rather than 30 days.

I've run into an issue which I'm sure must be a configuration setting, but I can't track it down.

I have 7 plans configured with 1 being required and only one at a time.
In the seven 1 is the default - non-renewable, 1 is setup to always be visible and 5 are visible only by URL.

The issue is, that after any one is selected, it is no longer available to be selected again, but only the first plan is set to non-renewable.

7 years 2 months ago #291739 by krileon
Ensure your plans allow upgrades as existing users subscribing to plans while logged in as generally always considered an upgrade. If the plan doesn't allow upgrades it won't be available for them to select it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 2 months ago #291782 by bizguy
I checked and plans all allow upgrades. Here is the configuration for all:
  • Prepare content: No
    Price display: [AUTOMATIC]
    Parent plan: Top
    Exclusive plan: Exclusive
  • First period pricing: Initial validity: This and next calendar month
    Regular Plan pricing: Regular validity: This calendar month
    Total occurrences: 0
  • Prorate remaining: No
    Bonus before: No
    Bonus reactivating: No
    Renewable: 2 weeks
    Grace: 3 days
    Reactivated more than: Can be reactivated anytime
    Reactivated less than: Can be reactivated anytime
    Manual renewal: Renewal extends expiration date (without gap or overlap)
  • Auto-recurring: Yes
  • Selected by default: No
    Allow registration: no
  • Allow upgrade: Yes
    Propose plan if more expensive: No: It will be possible to upgrade to this plan (for free…
    Propose spontaneously:
    - Yes ** (1 plan only)
    - No: Hide unless specific in URL ** (5 plans)
    Static / Dynamic Conditions: None
    Multiple subscriptions: Only one subscription at a time
  • Published: Yes
    Allow new: Yes
    Allow access frontend: Yes
    Visible for Access: Public
    Visible for Group: Public
After each plan has been subscribed to, they are no-longer visible. The one plan that should be visible both in the subscriptions tab and via URL is not and those only accessible via URL just give a black page after they have been used.

Any other thoughts on what to try?

Thanks.

7 years 2 months ago #291812 by krileon
Strange, not sure what to make of that. Within CBSubs > Settings > Global ensure both "Show Renew/Reactivate buttons" and "Show subscription plans upgrade possibilities" are set to "Yes".

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

7 years 1 month ago #291843 by bizguy
Just checked and both are set to Yes.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn