Monthly plan start date

7 years 2 months ago #291627 by bizguy
Replied by bizguy on topic Monthly plan start date
Thanks Kyle but that scenario won't work for this case.

If the member books today on the 17th, I need their subscription to begin next month on the first and automatically renew on the first of each month thereafter, unless they cancel their subscription. They will not have any subscription for the balance of this month.

So if I have the plan setup as:

Regular Validity duration: 1 month

Can I adjust the some dates through an SQL Action to begin on the 1st of next month?
Assuming that would work, what dates need to be modified?

[SUBSCRIPTION_SIGNUP_DATE] - changed to the first of the following month?
[SUBSCRIPTION_EXPIRY_DATE] - changed to the first of the month after?
[SUBSCRIPTION_VALIDITY_PERIOD_REMAINING] - how is this calculated in a 1 month duration plan?

Sorry to be such a pain, but the requirements are pretty fixed for this project.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 1 month ago #291677 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Monthly plan start date

If the member books today on the 17th, I need their subscription to begin next month on the first and automatically renew on the first of each month thereafter, unless they cancel their subscription. They will not have any subscription for the balance of this month.

You need to use a "This and next calendar month" for that. That will give them the remainder of the current month and subscribe them for the next month. If this should only happen on initial purchase then you'd use the configuration suggested in my previous reply. If you only want to do this if they've subscribed after lets say the 15th of any month you can use the below which uses the bonus time feature.

Regular Validity duration: This calendar month
Bonus time before first period start (for calendar-based durations): 2 weeks

Can I adjust the some dates through an SQL Action to begin on the 1st of next month?

I highly suggest you do not alter CBSubs values. We do not support this and I do not recommend doing it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 1 month ago #291688 by bizguy
Yes, I would rather not mess around with modifying database values as well, but the suggested fixes do not work in this scenario I am working on.

The issue is, the user cannot subscribe to the current month. The monthly rental is for a physical item, so if 1 member has rented it for the month, it will not physically be available to rent until the beginning of the next month. I can't provide bonus days to the new renter, they can only get it (and only rent it) from the beginning of the following month.

It appears that I need a subscription option that begins the next _______. This could be the next day, next week, next month (in my case) or next year. For people using CBSubs to book physical items on a recurring subscription basis, or if they want subscriptions to begin at the beginning of the ____, this would really be useful.

7 years 1 month ago #291694 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Monthly plan start date
There's no subscription duration for next month. "This and next calendar month" is the only solution to such a duration. They won't have access to the physical item of course as it's not physically available, but the subscription duration would signify they subscribed on the 17th of the month for access of next month. You could include in the description or subscription email that physical access is for next month.

Even if you modified their subscription date and expiration date the entire payment process wouldn't reflect that. The basket, button, etc.. would all note that they're subscribing for the current month. I believe "This and next calendar month" would be your best option and just note that they're subscribing for access for the following month.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bizguy

7 years 1 month ago #291698 by bizguy
Actually, disregard most of my commenting in this tread. I have been experiencing a severe case of stupidity :S which has caused me to be so stuck on an idea, that I couldn't understand what you have been saying all along. I just came back from the doctor and he has prescribed a very heavy dose of reality, and says I have a good chance of recovery.

In the meantime, thank you for your suggestion of This and next calendar month which is exactly what I need in this scenario.

7 years 1 month ago #291699 by bizguy
Now that I'm on this heavy does of anti-stupidity medication, I'm not sure if this is another dumb question or not.

Can This and next calendar month as the First period pricing and validity followed by a 1 month plan for the Regular Plan pricing and validity work? I am hoping to use a recurring payment process to avoid the necessity of manual renewals each month.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn