Access Groups and Plans

7 years 1 week ago #292308 by katherine.a.minton
Access Groups and Plans was created by katherine.a.minton
I have three access groups - lets call them Agencies, Individuals and Professionals. Two of them need to have one month, three month and six month subscription options. The other option is a free subscription.

My client does not like all these plans showing on one registration page as it looks messy and confusing. I agree with her.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to display each of these plans? How can I set up three different registration forms?

Also, I cannot find how to add text to the registration forms. This seems like such a basic thing but I have hunted high and low and cannot find how to achieve it. I just want to add a paragraph to the top of each form.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 1 week ago #292320 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Access Groups and Plans

Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to display each of these plans? How can I set up three different registration forms?

Use CSS to style them as 1 plan selection as we've done with our Professional plan. Aside from that you could have a Joomla article or menu items that link to the individual plans which will only show those plans on the registration page.

Also, I cannot find how to add text to the registration forms. This seems like such a basic thing but I have hunted high and low and cannot find how to achieve it. I just want to add a paragraph to the top of each form.

You can do that using a Custom HTML field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 1 week ago #292329 by katherine.a.minton
Replied by katherine.a.minton on topic Access Groups and Plans
Hi,

Thanks. That sort of answers my questions but leads to further.

Where is your 'Professional Plan'? I've looked on the demo site but nothing leaps out at me. A link would been really nice.

Most importantly, how do I add registration plans and a form to a Joomla article or Joomla articles? I'm hoping this would allow me to easily add text to the top of the article page. If its explained in the manual, what page or chapter? A search of both manuals revealed nothing although I may be using incorrect terminology to search. Could you provide links or directions to the manual chapter or some kind of easy to follow description? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank goodness I've seen a previous post which suggested using a delimiter field to add text to a registration page and miraculously found another post which explained that its no longer called a delimiter field now but a custom html field otherwise I would have had no idea what you meant by 'You can do that using a Custom HTML field'. It would never have occurred to me to add text to a page using a field. I have already tried to work out how to turn a field into some text at the top of the page and couldn't, but I will persevere unless there's an answer to my related question above.

Looking forward to some further clarification. Sorry to be so dumb about this stuff, but I see from other posts that I'm not alone.

7 years 1 week ago #292338 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Access Groups and Plans

Where is your 'Professional Plan'? I've looked on the demo site but nothing leaps out at me. A link would been really nice.

If you logout and navigate to registration you'll notice there's a 3, 6, and 12 month selection in the professional plans, but it's actually 3 plans stacked on top of one another using CSS. It's a little tricky to get it all lined up, but works quite well. We do have a plugin in the works called CBSubs Options which will make this significantly easier and won't require multiple plans, but it's not quite ready.

Most importantly, how do I add registration plans and a form to a Joomla article or Joomla articles?

You don't add the form to an article, but simply link to your plans from an article. That link would take them to registration with only the plan that you specify in the URL. You can find these URLs at the top of your plans while editing them in CBSubs > Plans. Additionally you can substitute them in using the below usage if the location supports Joomlas content prepare usage. See the description of the CBSubs system plugin within Extensions > Plugins for details on what you can substitute in.

[cbsubs:url plans="PLAN_IDS_HERE" /]
or
[cbsubs:plans plan="PLAN_ID_HERE" output="url" /]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 1 week ago #292394 by katherine.a.minton
Replied by katherine.a.minton on topic Access Groups and Plans
Thanks, this has helped enormously.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn