[#6573] Redirect to CBSub protect page page after login

7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #292800 by highonryan
I am having a issue with my site, and I am confused about the solution.

I have four levels 1) Public (non-registered) 2) Free Member 3) Newsletter Member 4) Supporting Member

I have content on the site that is only available to 3 & 4, but there is a link to the content for the public to click.

I have the content available only based on subscription plan... I have "CMS Content access depending on subscription:" under Plan > Integration > Content is set to Read By Content Category, and I have the category for the non-public content listed here. I have also tried by Menu and by Content, with no luck.

I have Extensions > Plugins > Parse URL set to
Redirect URLs: Enabled
Rewrite URLs: Enabled
Pass Return URLs: Enabled

So when the public clicks the menu link (to a single article from this category) on the front page, they are redirected a CBSubs message saying they do not have access (the url is cb-profile/pluginclass/cbpaidsubscriptions.html?do=accessdenied&accesstype=contentdisplay&accessvalue=5&accessurl=), but can register for the proper plans, or I have CB Login module on the page sidebar so the can login.

If they use the login module in the side bar, they are then redirected to a page that simple reads "You have now access to this content item" and the URL stays the same.

If I remove the CBSubs content integration, I can go to that page, see it as public, login using both the Joomla login and the CB login, and I get redirected back to the public page.

I guess my question is how do I have a content controlled by subscription, and have the login form on that subscription blocked page, and then have that login for redirect me back to that page?

I hope my explanation makes sense.

Thanks in advance,
HighOnRyan

**EDIT**

Also, I am using
Joomla 3.6.5
CB 2.1.2+build.2017.03.31.23.49.38.3bf553c4c
CBSubs 4.1.0+build.2016.11.16.23.56.48.1a7e1aade

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 2 weeks ago #292852 by krileon
CBSubs would need to set &return in the URL as the URL to the article for CB Login module to grab it and return the user to it. So seams like a bug that'll need to be fixed in CBSubs. Have added a bug ticket for further investigation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 1 week ago #292922 by highonryan
Replied by highonryan on topic Redirect to CBSub protect page page after login
Thank you for looking into this for me, and opening a bug ticket.

Do you have an estimate of time when it may be addressed? I have a large project that will need this function in the near future.

Thanks,
HighOnRyan

7 years 1 week ago #292936 by krileon
No, I don't have a timeframe to provide, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn