Sell tickets and provide unique identifier

7 years 1 day ago #293437 by richbrundage
Sell tickets and provide unique identifier was created by richbrundage
I want to sell tickets to a conference and associated events and want to generate an email that includes a unique identifier that the attendees could bring to the event and show they paid. I see there is such an identifier on the invoice or payment table - item_number, but this includes all items purchased in that transaction, which gets confusing. Is there a way to use the Presentation tab on the Plan to send an email with the item_number on it upon payment?

Thanks

Richard Brundage

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 9 hours ago #293477 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Sell tickets and provide unique identifier
The substitutions available for the presentation tab emails are under "Substitutions in Thank You messages and workflow Emails" fieldset on the same tab. As far as I'm aware you've no access to item_number there since that's unique to the basket and those presentation tab emails are unique to the plan.

Best I can suggest is probably querying for their most recent basket using CB Query Field then substitute that field into the email. Since all this happens at once it should be 100% accurate. Example of this shown below.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/236273-adding-transaction-number-to-email?start=6#292421

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 5 hours ago #293495 by richbrundage
Replied by richbrundage on topic Sell tickets and provide unique identifier
The query field isn't working for me, just gives an empty result. I tried the query directly using phpmyadmin and it does give the expected result. My guess is there is a synchronization problem. I think I can just use the invoice system to provide members with the unique number. It would be nice to make the email option work, is it possible to email the invoice, couldn't find anything about how to do that.

Richard Brundage

6 years 11 months ago #293505 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Sell tickets and provide unique identifier
The query in that topic gives the invoice id for the most recently paid basket. You may need to adjust it as the basket may not be paid yet depending on what email you're sending it in. Specifically removing "AND `payment_date` IS NOT NULL" should remove that condition.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 11 months ago #293520 by richbrundage
I thought that might be the issue so I tried
SELECT `item_number` FROM `#_cbsubs_payment_baskets` WHERE `user_id` = '[user_id]' ORDER BY `time_initiated` DESC LIMIT 1
but that did not work either.

Richard Brundage

6 years 11 months ago #293523 by richbrundage
My apologies - I screwed up where I put the query! I put it in the validation section under integrations instead of under the parameters section under query. Works now, but there is an issue when people purchase more than one item in a single transaction, as item_number includes all of them, not just the one for the plan that generates the email: for example S837-927-19,M24-927-18. Don't know if there is a way around this one, though they do get split out when the invoice is generated.

Richard Brundage

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn