Certain Menu Items locked to subscription

6 years 10 months ago #294599 by rickparks
I set up this site over 2 years ago and it has run perfectly since then. Just in the last couple weeks all of the sudden certain items on the menu are only accessible with a subscription. I haven't changed anything and I need to know how to release these menu items to the general public. I have banging my head against a wall for about 2 hours on this.

www.idomyway.com
idomyway.com/index.php/our-officiants2/rick-parks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 10 months ago #294601 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Certain Menu Items locked to subscription
CBSubs doesn't just suddenly change behavior randomly. That's not how it works. Something in your environment has changed. What have you changed on your site recently? Latest Joomla has wonky URL behavior causing double encoding resulting in Itemid in some cases being wrong, missing, or broken. Review your CBSubs plans and check for any By URL Part, Menu, or Extension protection in place for the extension you're trying to access.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 10 months ago #294602 by rickparks
Replied by rickparks on topic Certain Menu Items locked to subscription
The only change would be joomla updates to protect the site. I have gone through the different subscription plans and I am unable to find any restriction other than the category restrictions i put in place originally. I am not sure how to proceed from here

6 years 10 months ago #294603 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Certain Menu Items locked to subscription
Where is that URL supposed to be going? A Joomla article? Is its category or any of its parent categories if nested protected? It's strange no plan to subscribe to is displayed on the page. Do you've any bad database rows within _cbsubs_plans that don't show up within CBSubs > Plans?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 10 months ago #294604 by rickparks
the URL is pointing to a Category Blog page (there are 3 different pages that are not accessible to the public) none of the articles on the pages are protected under the CBSUBS profiles. How do I check for bad database rows?

6 years 10 months ago #294605 by rickparks
I have run all of the database checks in community builder and there are no errors

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn