[#6678] Problem with plural translation!

6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #294978 by rbuelund
There is a problem regarding translation of CB Subs. In english you can say Your subsciption - Your subscriptions. Subscription is the word you can translate in the global configuration for plural and singular. The word "Your" has only one translation and that is a problem. In danish it says:

Your subsciption - Dit abonnement
Your subscriptions - Dine abonnementer

So there has be done some changes here.....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago #294997 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem with plural translation!
I think that's a problem due to "Your" being prefixed to the "
Singular name for subscription/membership" and "Plural name for subscriptions/memberships" parameters. Where specifically are you seeing this? Ideally those parameters need to go away entirely and strictly use language strings for those strings. Looks like it's combined with the following language strings.

Your current %s
%s's current %s
Your current and past %s
%s's current and past %s

Ideally those would be adjusted to account for the language structure, but I'm unsure if it'd make other usages make no sense.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 9 months ago #295001 by rbuelund
Replied by rbuelund on topic Problem with plural translation!
Among other places I see it on my subscription page - where it either says:

"Your current subscription" or "Your current subscriptions". I could set the lang string with your "Your current %s" to "%s". But then I would have to start the word subscription with capital S - and that might create problems elsewhere - so I guess it needs to be revised all through the plugin.

6 years 9 months ago #295009 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem with plural translation!
We'll need to redo all those language strings as they just haven't been updated with latest usages. The "Your" parts shouldn't be separate language strings and we need to avoid parameters for parts of language strings as it causes a lot of problems like this. Have added a feature ticket to review redoing all of this, but I'm not sure when that'll happen and I don't really have a quickfix to suggest beyond what you've already suggested (removing "Your" from the language string).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn