[SOLVED] Order of plans in registration page

6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #295044 by lousyfool
Hi,

This may be an unusual request, but I'd appreciate your help.

Situation:
In one and the same site with 3 CBSubs plans I need to create 3 registration pages, each with the plans being displayed in a different order.
(There will also be differences in style, but that's all CSS and the easy part = no problem at all.)

I wouldn't write here if I had found an out-of-the box function for this... or have I overlooked something to change the default order to something else? Again, I can see it's unusual enough... ;)

(1) Anything I could do easily with AutoAction, e.g. on the "onCPayBeforeDrawSomething" trigger? I'll have menu item IDs, plan IDs... don't see an action type that could fit, but perhaps use type "Code" and some PHP to make my own query to sort of override the default one?

(2) If nothing else, I guess I'll need to modify at least one core file and add some PHP "if" to add altered queries there depending on menu item ID? I have an idea where to look and what to do, but any hints would still be welcome to avoid trouble or wasting time.

Thank you very much!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 10 months ago #295052 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Order of plans in registration page
There's no trigger for what you're wanting to do that I am aware of. You'd either need a trigger that lets you modify the query or modify the array of plans by reference; neither exist. Unfortunately I don't have a solution for you beyond trying to move them using CSS (floats, absolute positions, maybe even flexbox, etc..).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lousyfool

6 years 10 months ago #295071 by lousyfool
Replied by lousyfool on topic Order of plans in registration page
Thanks Kyle,

I understand.
Already have a custom template in use with the plans in a grid involving floats. However, thanks for the nudge towards absolute positioning. Sure, that does the trick. The outcome is perfectly fine, and a "pure CSS" solution is so much better than messing with core PHP.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn