Blank page on saveregisters and also when deleting a user from the admin panel

6 years 9 months ago #295114 by OldLodgeSkins
Hi,

I'm having a strange problem that I have traced back to CBSubs itself - because the problem disappears when I disable it, but this is all I could find. Even when turning error reporting to maximum I get no information, I also turned on PHP error reporting, and nothing.

I am working with the current versions of Joomla and CB, on a server that runs PHP 5.6.
I originally had an older version of CBSubs, 4.0.1, so I figured my problem most likely came from there... I renewed my subscription and updated it. I still get the same behaviour.

When a new user registers, after the last step, so on the saveregisters page, I get a blank page. The user is created, however the activation email isn't sent.
Also, when deleting a user in the admin area, I also get a blank page - but the user is deleted properly. This is actually how I've been able to trace the problem back to CBSubs, because when I disable it, I can delete a user normally. When editing a user, the edits are not saved, and I end up back on the main admin dashboard page.

Any idea what may be happening? It could have something to do with another Joomla plugin, however since I get no error reporting at all it's hard to tell... I tried disabling everything I could think of (my first suspect was actually JHackGuard), to no avail. I have no other CB plugins installed except for a language plugin, which I have also updated at the same time as CBSubs.

Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago #295135 by krileon
Are there no errors logged in CBSubs > History Log? Are there any invalid plan rows within _cbsubs_plans database table? Try disabling all of CBSubs integration plugins, but leaving CBSubs it self to function to see if it could be an integration doing it and not core CBSubs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OldLodgeSkins

6 years 9 months ago #295137 by OldLodgeSkins
The logs show nothing since May (this website is, of course, not open to the public for now which explains why there is very little activity).

I'm not sure how I would recognize an invalid plan row? I took a look through PhpMyAdmin, there are 4 rows in this table and I have 4 plans so this seems normal... One interesting fact maybe, is that even though I've deleted all users except the admin, CBSubs still shows there is one active registration.

I have no integration plugin installed... I should be seeing those with all other CB plugins right? Here are all the plugins I currently have:

Thank you.
Attachments:

6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #295138 by OldLodgeSkins
I've just tried to disable 3 plans out of the 4 to see if it had anything to do with them... Blank page.
After going back to the plans list, only one of them has been disabled. The top one. Could the problem lie with the second plan for some reason?

Edit: even when disabling them one by one I still get the blank page...

6 years 9 months ago #295141 by krileon

I'm not sure how I would recognize an invalid plan row? I took a look through PhpMyAdmin, there are 4 rows in this table and I have 4 plans so this seems normal...

If you've 4 plans and 4 rows then it's fine.

I've just tried to disable 3 plans out of the 4 to see if it had anything to do with them... Blank page.
After going back to the plans list, only one of them has been disabled. The top one. Could the problem lie with the second plan for some reason?

Edit: even when disabling them one by one I still get the blank page...

Unpublish all of your plans, enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration (both must be configured), then retry and review CBSubs > History Log for errors. If none there then check your server error log. If none there then I don't have a clue as your site or server would purposefully be suppressing errors making it impossible to debug; you'd then need to check php.ini to ensure error output is being suppressed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 9 months ago #295144 by OldLodgeSkins
After disabling all plans, I've been able to register properly... I had kept one of the plan's registration page open and it worked. I even got my activation email. I can also delete a user normally.
However CBSubs' logs still show nothing... No on-screen information from Joomla... The server's error logs in my cPanel is empty.
I'll try again after re-applying the trick from your faq to force the error reporting in index.php... I had removed it.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.380 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn