[SOLVED] Folder access problem "No path defined yet. Please define then apply setting..."

6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #295315 by Vorak
Hello,

I have recently moved my Joomla site to a new server, as the old one was still using an old PHP version and not being updated anymore.

After the move, I wanted to set up the new correct absolute paths for the "folder access" in my plans.

When I put them in, have it set to "absolute" and click apply, the only status response I get is this:

"No path defined yet. Please define then apply setting to get result of check."

I have double and triple checked that the absolute path is correct, based on phpinfo's details. But no matter how many times I try, the same issue appears. On my previous server, everything was working normally.

Existing users who had already been given access to the folder (on the old server) can still access it as their details are already in the htpasswd file, but new ones are not being added.

I am currently on Joomla 2.5 (upgrade to Joomla 3 will take place in the near future, now that I have an updated server to work on) with the latest build of CBSubs. The folders to be password-protected are not inside the Joomla directory.

Can you please help?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago #295319 by krileon
Given the only thing changed is the server it sounds like a server permission issue or the path you're supplying is indeed not correct. If using absolute path it needs to include path from your server root and even then your PHP user needs access to that path otherwise PHP has no permission to create htaccess at the specified path.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 9 months ago #295326 by Vorak
Unfortunately, I don't know how to figure out what of these possibilities is the cause, or how to give my php user access to that path...

The chmod for those files is set at 644, and according to my FTP program, the owner and group is set at 10001 and 1003. Owner and group seem to be the same for all files.

6 years 9 months ago #295329 by Vorak
It would seem that php user "root" is the owner. But how do I know which user *should* have the access?

6 years 9 months ago #295330 by Vorak
I have tried to set the owner to "apache" but no difference when I click "apply" in CBSubs, so I've set it back to "root".

6 years 9 months ago #295331 by Vorak
As a test, I tried to set a relative path within Joomla, and created a new map within Joomla just for testing purposes. But no htaccess and htpasswd are being created there either.

When I manually put a htaccess file in there, add a test user to a plan, log in with it and try accessing the map within Joomla, it doesn't work either and the user is not being added to htpasswd.

What else can I still do? :(

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn