[SOLVED] Folder access problem "No path defined yet. Please define then apply setting..."

6 years 8 months ago #295335 by krileon
Check server error log and see if there's any fatal errors present. It's possible your server may have fopen, fwrite, and/or fclose disabled. Aside from that I don't know what more to suggest beyond contacting your host as we can't help with server configuration issues.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago #295341 by Vorak
I looked at the php settings, and fopen is enabled. I have, in the meantime, contacted the server provider and awaiting a reply.

I have also looked at the error log, and this is what I found that may possibly be related to the issue. The directory that CBSubs is supposed to password protect contains a mediawiki, by the way:

(below is just a selection, path information is removed)
[Mon Jul 03 15:08:08.379344 2017] [authn_file:error] [pid 20215:tid 139732969273088] (2)No such file or directory: [client **ip**:49823] AH01620: Could not open password file: **path**/library/.htpasswd

When trying with a test directory within the Joomla directory, I get this:
[Mon Jul 03 17:15:08.530548 2017] [auth_basic:error] [pid 31985:tid 140672000313088] [client **ip**:53014] AH01618: user Test not found: /library/index.php, referer: **URL of Joomla menu link**

But this latter does not show in the error log when trying to log in with user "Test" on the password protected directory outside Joomla.

6 years 8 months ago #295342 by Vorak
Hello,

I have received a response from the server provider. He pointed out something I overlooked:

CBSubs is looking for htpasswd using the absolute path of the *old* server.

So clearly, there is a setting that I have overlooked. But I don't know where to find it.

* In "folder access" on CBSubs plans, the absolute path is set correctly (only for two plans so far, and it's only those plans that I have tried using on the Test user)

* In htaccess, the path set to htpasswd is also set correctly as AuthUserFile

* In Joomla's Global Configuration, I corrected the path foor both logs and tmp (although I don't think that would make a difference since the password-protected directory is outside Joomla anyway)

* I can't find any settings in CB in general where I need to provide an absolute path.

The only thing I can think of is that the old absolute path is set in some settings file somewhere?

6 years 8 months ago #295351 by krileon
If you directly copy and pasted the htaccess file from your old server to the new then you need to edit the htaccess file and correct the path to the htpasswd file. CBSubs does not update this (it doesn't touch the htaccess file unless it doesn't exist at all). The absolute path is not stored in Joomla, CB, or CBSubs. The folder path is specified only within your plans. You should be able to delete the htaccess file and login with a user subscribed to the plan for it to generate it again then verify if it's working correctly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vorak

6 years 8 months ago #295355 by Vorak
Thanks for that suggestion, that did the trick!

I deleted the htaccess file, and CBSubs recreated it. Then I re-uploaded my own htaccess file over it (which points to a specific 401 html document that the standard htaccess file doesn't point to) and it still works.

I subscribed a test user to a plan, and was able to login to the password-protected maps. I unsubscribed the user, and the access was also removed. I resubscribed, and the access was back.

The only thing remaining now is the "no path defined yet" message in the "folder access" settings of CBSubs for each plan in the backend. It works now, despite that message, but I don't know if that could still cause issues? It's clearly not a case of a wrong path or lack of php writing access issues, so I don't know what else could trigger the message.

6 years 8 months ago #295378 by krileon

The only thing remaining now is the "no path defined yet" message in the "folder access" settings of CBSubs for each plan in the backend. It works now, despite that message, but I don't know if that could still cause issues? It's clearly not a case of a wrong path or lack of php writing access issues, so I don't know what else could trigger the message.

The read access check is just having a hard time determining if the folder is readable. If everything is working fine it's save to ignore that check.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn