Crontab usage with CBSubs?

6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #295388 by Vorak
Crontab usage with CBSubs? was created by Vorak
Hello,

As I'm wrapping up my old server now that my website has moved to a new server, I noticed that there are two Crontabs set up especially for CBSubs:

(URL & key removed by me)
/usr/bin/wget -O/dev/null "**URL**/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&cbpact=cbsubsclass&cbpclass=mailer&user=62&cbpmailerdo=processmailerrules&key=**key**&format=raw"
/usr/bin/wget -O/dev/null "**URL**/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&cbpact=cbsubsclass&cbpclass=mailer&user=62&cbpmailerdo=sendmailqueue&key=**key**&format=raw"

Are these still required, or is this something outdated from an older version? Just so I know if I should set them up again on the new server or not.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago #295393 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Crontab usage with CBSubs?
Those CRON are triggering your CBSubs Mailer emails. Yes, they're still needed if you're using CBSubs Mailer. You should actually have another triggering expiration's in CBSubs. See CBSubs > Settings > Global for expiration CRON URL.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 9 months ago #295398 by Vorak
Replied by Vorak on topic Crontab usage with CBSubs?
Apparently, I have the setting in there set to "front-end and admin accesses". And for as far as I know, subscriptions are expiring when they are supposed to. It's not like my website has thousands of subscriptions anyway. So I don't think I need to change that setting there or add a cron for it?

The other two I have now added on the new server.

6 years 9 months ago #295400 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Crontab usage with CBSubs?

Apparently, I have the setting in there set to "front-end and admin accesses". And for as far as I know, subscriptions are expiring when they are supposed to. It's not like my website has thousands of subscriptions anyway. So I don't think I need to change that setting there or add a cron for it?

You don't have to use the CRON if your site is active enough to trigger expiration's basically once a day. It's entirely up to you as you can free up resources by disabling that check and just letting CRON do it once a day. Whatever works best for you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vorak

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn