Versioning of CBSubs not working

6 years 8 months ago #296029 by DavidLi
Versioning of CBSubs not working was created by DavidLi
Joomla latest: 3.7.4
php 5.6.11
Windows Server
CB 2.1.3 (and shows latest info just fine)
CBS 4.1.0 installed today. (and deleted / reinstalled to see if that would fix - no change)

From another thread:

"If the version checking is failing then you may have some sort of firewall configured that's blocking the version check (this shouldn't block the backend CBSubs views though) or maybe a false positive mod_security issue."

So, CB shows versioning and in the Updater I see an entry for CB. I don't see an update row for CBS...is that because CBS gets it's versioning from CB?

Here is what I see:

Can't reach update server. Connection to update server failed: Error: 0

"Your installed version ---
Latest version available ? ?
Latest version message ?
HTTPS POST subsystem status
fsockopen is available with openSSL extension and OpenSSL version: OpenSSL 1.0.1p 9 Jul 2015
Path to openssl on your website
/usr/bin/openssl
Openssl status
Not needed, as OpenSSL PHP module is loaded
OpenSSL Status (See Settings)
OpenSSL PHP module is available with openSSL extension and OpenSSL version: OpenSSL 1.0.1p 9 Jul 2015 loaded"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago #296030 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Versioning of CBSubs not working
Does the version check within CB > Plugin Management work? The CB Paid Subscriptions plugin version should be green if up to date, red if out of date, and black if version checking is disabled or it's unable to check. Ensure you have the latest CB build installed as we had some minor bugs with the plugin matching during the version check The version check failing in CBSubs > Settings > Global is an HTTP request that appears to be failing likely due to outbound connection being blocked (firewall setting or something of the sort on your server or site).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #296031 by DavidLi
Replied by DavidLi on topic Versioning of CBSubs not working
yes, versioning within CB Plugins is working, even for CBS components.
I believe all are Green, but I am color blind...so who knows..

I have the very latest CB (and CBS) versions.

Is there a non port 80 that is being used within the CBS for the V lookup?
Should there be a line item in the Joomla Updater for CBS (like there is for CB)?

If the only issue is not seeing what version...then no big deal.
Just looking out that there are other functions that aren't working as they should.

Thanx for the timely responses!!!

6 years 8 months ago #296032 by krileon

Is there a non port 80 that is being used within the CBS for the V lookup?

Yes, CBSubs and CB version checking is HTTPS so outbound port 443. Your server needs to properly have cURL setup for outbound HTTPS requests. If you've a security extension installed check if it's blocking the request otherwise contact your host to see if it's being blocked by your server. Beyond that I have no idea why it's outputting a status code of 0.

Should there be a line item in the Joomla Updater for CBS (like there is for CB)?

No.

If the only issue is not seeing what version...then no big deal.

The only purpose for that is to check CBSubs version to see if there's a newer release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 8 months ago #296033 by DavidLi
Replied by DavidLi on topic Versioning of CBSubs not working
Since CB and CBS use the same port and method....and CB is getting it's version info fine...I assume then that the server setup is working.

So, a little stumped.

6 years 8 months ago #296057 by krileon
Within CBSubs > Settings it's using its own endpoint and HTTP call (legacy usage). I've no idea why it's not working for you though, but if that's your only issue it's probably safe to ignore as it's just a version check.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn