Language substitution in desc of plan

6 years 8 months ago #296193 by rbuelund
Replied by rbuelund on topic Language substitution in desc of plan
Nope! It still does add the <p> tags around the language key - i do not even make a line break !

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago #296194 by rbuelund
As you see here it looks quite hard to remove the default <p> tag so i suggest that you change something in your override system - maybe instead of just inserting the raw key - one should use [{ }] around the key.

Stackoverflow about this problem

6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #296195 by rbuelund
..or you could allow to add the tags in your override system. Right now <p> tags are removed if you enter a lang key with that arround in the override of the cbsubs language plugin.

6 years 8 months ago #296211 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Language substitution in desc of plan
Setting that to "BR Elements" should prevent paragraph elements from surrounding your content in the future, but you still need to remove what was already added. To fix already broken strings I typically click "Toggle Editor" button, remove the paragraph element, click "Toggle Editor", then save. From then on the string remains untouched.

We are not going to do inline translations. Searching for thousands upon thousands of language keys within language strings would destroy performance.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #296219 by rbuelund
But if I add this <p>_GOLF_LANG_STRING</p> as key directly in the language.ini file it works - so why not allow to add the p-tags in the override function of the language plugin ?
I have tried to toggle of the wysiwyg editor - remove the tags and save - they are back !

6 years 8 months ago #296222 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Language substitution in desc of plan
Because it's meant to be used as a means of overriding existing language keys. I've added a feature ticket to change the filtering to allow for raw keys. I've no idea why the workaround does not work for you. Works fine in my tests locally and on demo site.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6720

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn