Group assigned by CBsub

6 years 7 months ago #296999 by VoixTimbrees
Group assigned by CBsub was created by VoixTimbrees
I need to assign the new subscibers to a new goup (in my case under registered),
It works perfectly when the user is new or just memeber of "registered",
but if the member is all ready part of an other group (in my case under registered also)
then the new group is not added.

Is there a way to solve that?

Jm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago #297006 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Group assigned by CBsub
Assigning usergroups should work fine for Upgrade purchases. Example usergroup structure as follows.

Registered
- Professional

Having a plan that assigns the Professional usergroup allows that plan to add and remove it on subscription and expiration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 7 months ago #297011 by VoixTimbrees
Replied by VoixTimbrees on topic Group assigned by CBsub
I have the following groups:

public
- registered
-- group 1
-- group 2

If a member is all ready in group 1,
the subsription wouldn't upgrade him to the group 2 as it should

(group1 and 2 are at the same level)

6 years 7 months ago #297014 by krileon
Do you have 1 plan controlling group 1 and another controlling group 2? Are your plans exclusive or non-exclusive? How are you upgrading? If upgrading from backend user edit then usergroup assignment will be overridden by the actual user edit save and you need to manually set the usergroups during edit.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 7 months ago #297017 by VoixTimbrees
Replied by VoixTimbrees on topic Group assigned by CBsub
I have 3 plans, (non exclusive) controlling all the same group (2)

For some reason (before to have installed CBsubs) some are all ready asigned to a group (1)
in this case, the plans don't allow them to upgrade (from the front end)

6 years 7 months ago #297034 by krileon
Try setting your plans to exclusive then retry and see if it does the usergroup check. It's possible there's a strange relationship check going on due to plans being non-exclusive. In theory if they subscribed to both plans they'd be Registered, Group 1, and Group 2.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.896 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn