[SOLVED] Stripe Payment Gateway - Webhook configuration error

6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #297420 by schrammelmann
Hello,

Thanks for the new stripe gateway! I opened an account right there.:)

When trying out I get in block Stripe Webhook Credentials instead of a URL this message here:
Missing private class cbpaidGatewayAccountstripeprooem

Even without the Webhook configuration I could perform a test transaction. However, the completion took about 30 seconds or more.
Does one need the Webhook, or what can happen without it?
Is the long wait time associated with the missing Webhook configuration?

EDIT: I updated all CBSubs Plugins to the latest version

Thanks,
Michael

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #297421 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic New Stripe Payment Gateway
Looks like a typo in the XML. Fixing for next build. You can quickfix with the below.

IN: components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/processors/stripe/edit.gateway.oem.xml
ON: Line 38
						<param name="id" type="private" class="cbpaidGatewayAccountstripeprooem" method="renderUrl" value="notifyurl" key="id" label="URL to set into {PSP} admin area in API - Webhooks - &quot;URL to be called&quot;" default="First fill-in parameters above, then &quot;Apply&quot; this new gateway settings: Then this URL %s will be computed and displayed." description="This is the &quot;URL to be called&quot; to paste into {PSP} admin area." />
TO:
						<param name="id" type="private" class="cbpaidGatewayAccountstripeoem" method="renderUrl" value="notifyurl" key="id" label="URL to set into {PSP} admin area in API - Webhooks - &quot;URL to be called&quot;" default="First fill-in parameters above, then &quot;Apply&quot; this new gateway settings: Then this URL %s will be computed and displayed." description="This is the &quot;URL to be called&quot; to paste into {PSP} admin area." />

Webhooks are not necessary though so it's not mandatory to set them up. Single payments initialize and pay immediately. Without webhooks you won't be able to refund from Stripe and have it cancel the subscription or if a payment is put on hold it won't pay once it comes out of pending state (shouldn't happen as far as I'm aware).

As for it taking 30 seconds I observed the same during my tests, but I've no idea why. The slow down is coming from the HTTP request to Stripe. Nothing I can really do about that unfortunately. I believe the slow down should only affect test purchases while live should be a little faster. Maybe contact Stripe regarding this to see if it's normal.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: schrammelmann

6 years 6 months ago #297422 by schrammelmann
Replied by schrammelmann on topic New Stripe Payment Gateway
Perfect thank you!
Everything works, even a refund.
Tomorrow I will update my production environment and start the gateway.

Also thank you for explanation and fast response.

Michael
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn