Unsubscribe Error

6 years 6 months ago #298075 by micheleq
Unsubscribe Error was created by micheleq
Hello,

This is a first for me. I don't try the unsubscribe too often, and I'm not sure I have tried it since enabling PayPal's API.

Unsubscription from auto-recurring payments failed: Invalid profile ID: The profile ID is invalid
You are currently using PayPal Recurring Payments to pay for your subscription. To unsubscribe and stop future payments, you must to do this from Paypal. Click on the button below to login into PayPal and follow the instructions there to unsubscribe. This will automatically stop your subscription on this site.
Unsubscribe at Paypal

The same error showed up whether I clicked on the "unsubscribe" button on the users profile page, or in in the back end User management page.

This was for a member that had a recurring PayPal membership for a year (since Nov 9, 2016), still active and never a failed payment. I do allow for username changes, but this does not seem to be a factor.

Clicking on "unsubscribe" didn't unsubscribe the user on PayPal nor did it do anything on the site: it didn't cancel/expire the subscription and didn't block access either.

I only have one payment gateway/method, PayPal, with a single owner ("0").

Unfortunately I can't test this without a PayPal sandbox. I did test the unsubscribe on a non-PayPal account (Free) and it unsubscribed successfully.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Tomás

CB Subs version: 4.1.1+build.2017.09.18.23.37.32.0d25bf897
CB 2.1.3
Joomla 3.8.0

Setting Value

PHP Built On Linux XXXXXXXX.com 3.13.0-132-generic #181-Ubuntu SMP Wed Sep 13 13:25:03 UTC 2017 x86_64
Database Version 5.5.57-0ubuntu0.14.04.1
Database Collation latin1_swedish_ci
Database Connection Collation utf8mb4_general_ci
PHP Version 7.0.13-1+deb.sury.org~trusty+1
Web Server Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface apache2handler
Joomla! Version Joomla! 3.8.0 Stable [ Amani ] 19-September-2017 14:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/61.0.3163.100 Safari/537.36

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #298087 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Unsubscribe Error
You don't have the API parameters configured to allow for onsite unsubscribe. Within your PayPal gateway ensure the parameters under "PayPal API credentials (optional)" are correctly set otherwise the only way to unsubscribe recurring payments is for them to do so from their PayPal account manually.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 6 months ago #298143 by micheleq
Replied by micheleq on topic Unsubscribe Error
Hi Kyle,
Thank you for looking at this.

Those optional settings as I see are only API Username, password and signature, which I had configured properly.

I have noticed though, that I don't have enabled plugins for other forms of payments, like CCBill, Google, etc., including PayPal PRO and PayPal Advanced. Should those plugins be enabled?

Thanks
Tomás

6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #298176 by krileon
The first error message says that recurring profile id is invalid. That means there isn't a recurring profile at PayPal for that subscription. I'm not sure how you have a recurring subscription without a recurring profile at PayPal. Please check your subscriptions at PayPal and see if one even exists.

I have noticed though, that I don't have enabled plugins for other forms of payments, like CCBill, Google, etc., including PayPal PRO and PayPal Advanced. Should those plugins be enabled?

No.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #298208 by micheleq
Replied by micheleq on topic Unsubscribe Error
Hi Kyle,

The subscription was there in PayPal, it was active and I had to manually unsubscribe it, plus I also went ahead and refunded the last payment of that user, from PayPal.

As chances have it, I had the same situation today (which is usually rare), so I was a little more diligent in the process this time.

As I mentioned before, clicking on "Unsubscribe" from either the user's profile or the back end (community Boulder > User Management > user X > Subscriptions) generates the "Invalid ID" error mentioned.

However, when I went to the Payments section of CB Subs, and found the user's last payment, I clicked on the option to "Refund". I entered the full amount of that particular payment, and selected "Final Payment and cancel subscription".

The payment WAS refunded, and PayPal even reversed the fees, as if I had done the refund from the PayPal site, the subscription WAS canceled on my site (under Notifications there is an entry with "subscr_cancel"), however the subscription in PayPal was NOT cancelled, and I had to do that manually.

This reminded me that I had done this a while ago and I think the subscription had been cancelled in PayPal as well, but it was a while ago, and I can't say for sure.

What's clear is that now, I can't cancel a subscription from the profile, or the user back end, but refunding a payment does work, though in neither occasion does the subscription cancel in PayPal.

I hope this is a bit more info to find the issue.

Thanks
Tomás

6 years 6 months ago #298232 by krileon
Check within _cbsubs_payment_baskets database table and ensure the basket you're trying to cancel has a subscr_id value and that it matches the recurring profile id at PayPal. Aside from that I don't know. I've reviewed the API call and it's unchanged. I can't see any reason for this to not work beyond a subscr_id mismatch, which for some reason keeps happening for all your recurring subscriptions.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds