Unsubscribe Error

6 years 6 months ago #298247 by micheleq
Replied by micheleq on topic Unsubscribe Error
Yes, the subscr_id matches with PayPal ID

Something like:
S-5G6081345G6XXXXXX

I have several payments come in daily from automatic subscription payments and probably about once or twice a week a cancellation (eot) and new subscription happening. I don't think that would work if the subscr_id didn't match.

Would it be possible for an old CBSubs file, left over from a previous version, to be interfering?

Thanks
Tomás

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #298268 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Unsubscribe Error
I've no idea then. Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will review the logs.

Would it be possible for an old CBSubs file, left over from a previous version, to be interfering?

Nope.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago #304234 by micheleq
Thank you for looking into this.

I've looked into PayPal as you suggested and it seems the issue is that the cancellations need the 'Enhanced Recurring Payments' (ERP) Option for which PayPal is charging $20 a month now.

So my options are:
1- Pay the extra $20 monthly fee
2- Extend the grace period to 10 days (which seems excessive for a monthly subscription as it leads to abuses)
3- Continue to check for and reimburse double subscriptions.

Alternatively there is an option to ask PayPal not to retry failed payments in the initial subscription button. (According to this developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/paypal-payments-standard/integration-guide/html_example_subscribe/#reattempted-payments )
I've looked and I don't see it as an option in the CB Plan's settings.

Is this implemented in CB Subs? Of course it would only work for new subscriptions and not existing ones.

Thank you,
Tomás

5 years 11 months ago #304255 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Unsubscribe Error
Seams like an easier approach would be for us to just link directly to PayPals unsubscribe URL from our unsubscribe button if no API credentials are supplied.

developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/paypal-payments-standard/integration-guide/html_example_subscribe/#unsubscribe-button

Have added a feature ticket to review this further. Still don't understand why you can't subscribe from the API. All business accounts should have access to that usage.

It's possible your issue is just due to the users subscription being so old that maybe the information at PayPal has changed since then causing the mismatch. Does this happen with recent subscriptions too?

The below API is used to cancel recurring subscriptions. As far as I'm aware it has never been behind a paywall.

developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/api/merchant/ManageRecurringPaymentsProfileStatus_API_Operation_NVP/

Have you tried contacting PayPal about this as they'll of course be more familiar with their platform then us.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago #304517 by micheleq
I've contacted PayPal and they couldn't help me over the phone, they did direct me to create a ticket.
I'll update once I hear back.

Thank you,
Tomás
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

5 years 11 months ago #304555 by micheleq
I've received an answer from PayPal:

Response By Email (05/15/2018 03:11 AM)

Hi,

Can you please make sure that you have followed all the below process regarding Unsubscription.

1) PayPal have an API available to Unsubscribe the profile, were you just link directly to PayPals unsubscribe URL from Community Builder unsubscribe button if no API credentials are supplied. Can you please check this with the Community Builder developer.

developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/paypal-payments-standard/integration-guide/html_example_subscribe/#unsubscribe-button

2) The below API is used to cancel recurring subscriptions.

developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/api/merchant/ManageRecurringPaymentsProfileStatus_API_Operation_NVP/

3) Can you please confirm whether you have Option called "Enhanced Recurring Payments(ERP) " enabled to your PayPal Account as cancellations need this option for which PayPal will charge $20 a month.

Sincerely,
Global Technical Support
PayPal, Inc.

Am I the only one that has to pay the $20 to enable cancellations?? :unsure:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds