history logs very strange

6 years 3 weeks ago #303311 by wjgadmin
history logs very strange was created by wjgadmin
i've been looking more into the history logs due my other http post issues and have noticed very strange behavior. example:
there are change logs coming in from several days ago which are posting today (meaning the user's subscription expired several days ago as it shows in their user account, but showing another history log today) & the username & full name are my own, NOT the user who the history belongs to.

when i check their account by the table key (their subscription provides me their name) it does expire their account, but in the history logs it is showing as if it's mine. this is for multiple users with the change type = update.
i've not made any changes at all so i have no idea why these are even in the history logs. i've looked further through the logs and it appears my name is attached to many of them.
i've run the CB tools and all is good. any ideas?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 3 weeks ago #303326 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic history logs very strange
Because you triggered their expiration. By default expiration only triggers by accessing backend CBSubs. You ideally should setup a CRON task to call the mass expiration URL found within CBSubs > Settings > Global. You can also adjust "Mass expire subscriptions method" at the same location so frontend can trigger expiration if you don't want to use CRON. Try not to read too much into the history log. It's primarily there to assist us with debugging users installs if they should have any CBSubs issues.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 weeks ago - 6 years 3 weeks ago #303331 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic history logs very strange
ah that makes sense. i already have the following cron job running:
[REMOVED]

to be honest it has been there so long i don't recall exactly where that cron came from :) having said that would you kindly let me know if there is one single cron i can run to do all of the necessary jobs including anything from the above cron & the below 2?

1. this one is from the "Automated Payments" of cbsubs/settings. i use stripe & paypal and it's always worked so do i even need to include this in a cron job? i definitely want things updated as quickly as possible but don't know if this is already being done:
[REMOVED]

2. this one is from "Mass Expiry Settings" of cbsubs/settings. i believe this is the one you're referring to and i definitely want to expire subscriptions on time. so can i include this in the top cron job (both of the above crons if needed) or should i setup individual/multiple crons?
[REMOVED]

always something to learn for sure:) this will help me with being the most efficient possible and making sure things are working as expected.

6 years 3 weeks ago #303335 by krileon
Please do not paste your CRON URLs here. They contain an access key unique to your site for providing access to those endpoints.

to be honest it has been there so long i don't recall exactly where that cron came from :) having said that would you kindly let me know if there is one single cron i can run to do all of the necessary jobs including anything from the above cron & the below 2?

There isn't one. You'll need to setup 2 CRON tasks. 1 for triggering expiration and 1 for sending mailers. Setup the mailer CRON task to happen after expiration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 weeks ago - 6 years 3 weeks ago #303338 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic history logs very strange

krileon wrote: Please do not paste your CRON URLs here. They contain an access key unique to your site for providing access to those endpoints.

Yikes, thank you for removing them!

krileon wrote: There isn't one. You'll need to setup 2 CRON tasks. 1 for triggering expiration and 1 for sending mailers.

Ok, i now see that the one i've used for a long time was the mailer + mailque cron, so i can add the expiration cron. before doing that & to your comment below (mailer after expiration) what would be the most optimal option to use: 1. front end & admin, 2. cron & admin, 3. cron only ?
the mailer cron runs on 30min increments & so will any new cron created, but i always try to do as little executions on the server as possible. the most important thing is making sure that everything happens as expected so expirations and all else occur at the right time. please let me know the most optimal solution.

krileon wrote: Setup the mailer CRON task to happen after expiration.

IF you say the above most optimal item is the cron, how would i achieve the mailer always occuring after the expiration? the cron jobs run on a 30min increment so i could set one > but logically it seems that somewhere down the line one will be mistaken for running before instead of after if they are not on the same time increment.

lastly 2 other questions:
1. do i not need the "Automated Payments" cron setup? i'm using stripe & paypal currently, i do not know if this is necessary or if it is already being done via the gateway? Currently the "Output results to cron url = Yes & our email address, but i do not have the cron setup to run from anywhere. if i do need this what will it actually do?
2. can i clear the history from cbsubs? since there is a lot of it the db size grows quite quickly. currently there are no issues with our users so would it be okay to remove the history?

6 years 3 weeks ago #303357 by krileon
Just schedule 2 CRON tasks 1 after the other. The first one being the expiration URL within CBSubs > Settings > Global then the other being the mailer queue + process URL in CBSubs > Mailer > Automation Settings. This just ensures expiration trigger their mailers as soon as possible. If it's not in the right order it's not a big deal as the next mailer triggering will queue and process the mailers still.

1. do i not need the "Automated Payments" cron setup? i'm using stripe & paypal currently, i do not know if this is necessary or if it is already being done via the gateway? Currently the "Output results to cron url = Yes & our email address, but i do not have the cron setup to run from anywhere. if i do need this what will it actually do?

No you don't need to setup a CRON for that unless you're not using Webhooks (Stripe) or IPNs (PayPal).

2. can i clear the history from cbsubs? since there is a lot of it the db size grows quite quickly. currently there are no issues with our users so would it be okay to remove the history?

You'll have to empty it within your database, but yes it's safe to clear it.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn