CBsub database extraction

5 years 11 months ago #303372 by mphan
CBsub database extraction was created by mphan
Is there a way to extract all members accounts, profiles and setting from an existing site to a new database? There is something wrong with the current database that is messing up with the backend of joomla admin page. I did a fresh install of 2.5.28 and update to 3.8.6 and it looked fine with CB and CBsub. As soon as I switched the old database (already upgrade to 3.8.6), everything is messed up again. If it is possible, it would be great to start with a new install and just import data for users and settings for CBSUB an CB.

Attached is what the admin page looks like with the current 3.8.6 joomla after upgraded. Front end of site looks fine so far.

Thanks.

Mike
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #303376 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBsub database extraction
Run the database tools within Extensions > Manage > Database and see if it can upgrade the database for you. If that doesn't work yes you can migrate CBs tables by exporting and importing all tables prefixed with _comprofiler, _cbsubs, and _groupjive.

The tricky part is your Joomla users table and their ACL assignments as well as any permission you may have saved. You can try installing CB manually, using CB Juice to export from your old site, import into your new site, then override your CB tables.

There's not really a process in CB or Joomla to do what you're trying to do (partial migration of data) and for the most part is entirely manual. Maybe Akeeba Backup or similar extensions has a tool to help with partial migrations.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn