[#7099] Stripe Update?

6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 1 week ago #303497 by wjgadmin
[#7099] Stripe Update? was created by wjgadmin
Hi,
Stripe has made some changes and I wanted to see if you guys will need to do an update to the gateway. I don't believe any changes will occur from current and previous plans but it does say there should be an update to the API, please see image. Thank you
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 2 weeks ago #303502 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Stripe Update?
Also we're already having users who need to update their card on file. I realize we do not store their card, however stripe provides a great way to allow users to update their card on file from our site. Please see the following URL:
stripe.com/docs/recipes/updating-customer-cards

Is it possible to implement this option into CBSubs/Stripe so we can have the ability to allow users to update their cards. This is quite important and the users aren't usually too happy about us doing it manually because they do not like giving out their card details. Please let me know and thank you kindly.

6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #303505 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stripe Update?
CBSubs Stripe already uses customer > product > plan > subscription chain for recurring subscriptions. They've made no changes to this API change. In fact just looks like they renamed Subscriptions to Billing and did nothing else. We've been compatible with their API changes below for awhile now so you should have nothing to worry about. At most you may need to change the API Version parameter within CBSubs Stripe if you upgrade the API version your Stripe account uses.

stripe.com/docs/upgrades#2018-02-05

Is it possible to implement this option into CBSubs/Stripe so we can have the ability to allow users to update their cards. This is quite important and the users aren't usually too happy about us doing it manually because they do not like giving out their card details. Please let me know and thank you kindly.

No card is on file unless you use recurring subscriptions as it stores the payment method to the customer or you've set CBSubs Stripe to always use customers. The card will update automatically on next payment. If you're using recurring there's no way to update the card on file. If you mean they need to update it due to the cards expiration date then you don't need to do anything as most major cards will report that information to processors and Stripe will handle it automatically. Aside from that no further implement of card updating is planned unless such functionality is implemented in CBSubs it self, which isn't likely since CBSubs doesn't store a users payment information at all (it's entirely handled at the gateway).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wjgadmin

6 years 2 weeks ago #303507 by wjgadmin
We do use recurring subscriptions so the users card is stored in stripe. The issue is there is no way for the user to update their card if they want to use a different card for example. The url I provided above gives a very simple way for the user to update their card on our site. It would basically be a very simple CBSubs plugin (I think or may even be able to be added into the gateway itself). It literally just provided a form for the user to update their card information & sends it to stripe using tokens combined with CBSubs user id so it can tie it to that specific user.
It seems like they’ve provided most of the code already but it would need to be integrated into CBSubs so it could pull from the CB database.
But it would be very nice to be able to have that as an option for the users and could be as simple as a cb field link on their user profile edit page.
Is this possible?

6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 1 week ago #303514 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stripe Update?

We do use recurring subscriptions so the users card is stored in stripe. The issue is there is no way for the user to update their card if they want to use a different card for example.

Then your only option is for them for cancel then renew with their different card or they can contact you to update it for them. This is the same for all our gateways except PayPal since that's handled by the users personal PayPal account.

We do use recurring subscriptions so the users card is stored in stripe. The issue is there is no way for the user to update their card if they want to use a different card for example.

I am aware of the API to update a Customer object payment source. CBSubs has no feature it self for updating cards on file. So it's not going to be implemented in CBSubs Stripe unless that functionality exists in CBSubs. Have added a feature ticket to review implementing this in CBSubs it self, but it is unlikely to be anytime soon.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 1 week ago #303556 by wjgadmin
I understand you guys are busy. Truly appreciate you looking into possibly implementing this. I believe it would help all of your audience who offers recurring payments. It is just one of those things that makes our businesses look less professional.
Again I appreciate you looking into this and will keep our fingers crossed. Would you kindly update this ticket if any progress is determined? Thank you

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn