[#7099] Stripe Update?

5 years 11 months ago #304374 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Stripe Update?
Ironically when I click the users subscription via the ID number, it only shows one. So I'm hoping it is still connected to the original.

Thank you for adding this to the next release. I completely understand what you mean regarding the pending, here is a thought because stripe actually handles the pending state also (i think) and sends out x amount of notifications before cancelling. In their backend you can set how many times the users payment will be retried, I believe it will cancel the subscription after the pre selected retry attempts.

So it seems logical that they would provide you with an additional notification when that has completed. So it would be in a "retry/pending" state until the last attempt and then it should be able to send a cancellation notification, hopefully via API. That seems like the best way, but the cancellation option would indeed atleast solve the issue of multiple subscriptions:)

Thank you !

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #304377 by wjgadmin
I forgot to mention one other item regarding the stripe integration. Would you please let me know if this can be addressed at the same time?

When a user cancels their membership it doesn’t properly cancel the subscription via stripe. After a cancellation I am getting continued “failed” notifications. So it’s as if it cancels the membership via CBSubs but stripe continues trying for the payments and failing each time. Not sure how this is possible because it seems like if it continues trying for the payments it would be able to but since CBSubs has canceled the membership something causes the payments to fail. I’d prefer if stripe stopped trying also just in case it ever actually goes through.
Have you experienced this? Thank you

5 years 11 months ago #304383 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stripe Update?
Cancelling a subscription in CBSubs should cancel it at Stripe and does in all my tests. Please be sure CB, CBSubs, and CBSubs Stripe are all up to date. Next ensure you've properly configured your Stripe gateway as it sounds like one or more of the API parameters maybe incorrectly configured.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago #304405 by wjgadmin
Thank you, I am using the latest nightly build (& looking forward to the next one) and I've checked the settings. They all appear to be correct, so I will keep an eye on this and see if I can isolate it down to a specific reason. I am sure it is just user error on my part. I will double check on the stripe side all settings also.
Thank you for the information!

5 years 11 months ago #304409 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stripe Update?
New build has been released with support for failed payment notifications as well as subscription delete at Stripe (when deleted at Stripe it'll cancel the recurring payments at CBSubs so it can be renewed into a new recurring).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago #304411 by wjgadmin
Thank you so much for the quick turn around time! Already installed :)!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn