Acymailing Integration

6 years 1 week ago #303551 by wjgadmin
Acymailing Integration was created by wjgadmin
Hi guys
I’ve noticed that the acymailing integration is causing us issues with automated newsletters. In acy we have mass actions set to send certain emails when a users subscription is created to a list which we created specifically for CBSubs plan. The issue is CBSubs is unsubscribing each user every time they renew. This causes the acy subscription to appear new every month and therefore it resends the email. Also it effects the users actual creation date because it is updated with each new renewal date. So to simplify couldn’t you add into the acymailing integration to only add/update the users subscription IF they don’t currently have a subscription in that list? It seems it is a redundancy & because of it issues are arising from our members receiving emails that are confusing like an email saying welcome, but they’ve been a member for 3 months etc...
Additionally, each time a user renews we’re getting unsubscribed notifications from acy so you guys must be unsubscribing and resubscribing each time there is a renewal. Can this be fixed? It does cause a pretty big problem for the end user & provides a negative experience for them to see emails coming in that they shouldn’t get.

Of course we use acy filters such as (not sent before) but that only works if the user hasn’t been sent they newsletter, so if we create a new mass action to send a newsletter they’ll receive it because it’s never been sent to them. Thank you!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 1 week ago #303578 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Acymailing Integration
It should only unsubscribe them if they expire in which case it's working as intended. If they renew before expiring it shouldn't be unsubscribing them. You may want to add a grace period to your plans to give users time to renew before they actually expire or set "Remove on plan deactivation" to "No".

We're using the below API to try and find an existing subscriber in AcyMailing.

www.acyba.com/acymailing/64-acymailing-developer-documentation.html#api_getusersub

If they don't exist we use the below API to create one.

www.acyba.com/acymailing/64-acymailing-developer-documentation.html#api_insertuser

Once that's done we subscribe them to newsletters using the below API.

www.acyba.com/acymailing/64-acymailing-developer-documentation.html#api_subscribe

I'm not sure if adding them to the same list again is what's causing your issue, but I would assume it shouldn't. I don't know enough about AcyMailing API to say otherwise, but you can try asking AcyMailing if saving a subscription with newsletter list of newsletters they're already subscribed to causes issues. If it does we'll have to improve the integration to skip newsletters users are already subscribed to.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago #304082 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Acymailing Integration
Hi guys, I confirmed with Acy the API so all should be ok. I increased our cushioned expiration time just in case and I think that solved it. Ironically it was already set to 4 hours, but perhaps there was a few that were longer than that.

On another note with Acy integration, I've recently had an issue with upgrades. This may be a unique scenario so could you please advise.
-- When a user is subscribed to x plan which auto subscribes to x Acy list, then they upgrade to y plan which auto subscribes also to x Acy list it only unsubscribes the user and doesn't resubscribe.
Both plans are set to subscribe to x plan & remove on deactivation = yes.

Thank you

5 years 11 months ago #304096 by krileon
Seams to be working fine in my tests with 2 exclusive plans subscribing them to same newsletter with both set to remove on deactivation. Are your 2 plans exclusive or non-exclusive?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #304099 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Acymailing Integration
After checking they are both set to non-exclusive. This leads me to another question to confirm, since the user upgraded does that mean they will still be charged for the previous plan also? Can you please tell me the optimal settings given our below situation?

We have 3 plans:
1. Month
2. Year
3. Lifetime
If on monthly or yearly we allow prorating when upgrading, but the plan they’re upgrading from should be canceled including any further payment for that plan.

Thank you!
Update: we do allow users free lifetime registration but there isn’t a CBSubs for them, just allowing them to be registered.

5 years 11 months ago #304117 by krileon

This leads me to another question to confirm, since the user upgraded does that mean they will still be charged for the previous plan also?

Yes, because they're subscribed to both plans. If you want them to transition from 1 plan to another you need to make them Exclusive.

Can you please tell me the optimal settings given our below situation?

Suggest setting all 3 of your plans as Exclusive. Then creating a 4th plan that's Free since Exclusive also means mandatory/required so they'd have to select a plan during registration.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn