History Logs showing lots of errors

5 years 11 months ago #303714 by wjgadmin
History Logs showing lots of errors was created by wjgadmin
Hi I have all of the sudden started getting an error that I've noticed in my cbsubs history logs. Can you please check your private message and let me know what could cause this error? and if it will cause issues? thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #303735 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic History Logs showing lots of errors
WARNING: preg_match(): Unknown modifier '/' in /plugins/system/cache/cache.php on line 217

It's an error in Joomlas core caching extension. It's trying to call invalid REGEX. Looks like maybe due to using the "Exclude URLs" parameter in "System - Page Cache".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago #303738 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic History Logs showing lots of errors
Thank you kindly, i had already determined it was something to do with the system-cache so i disabled that last night & it did seem to stop the errors thus far. However i didn't realize it was the excludes and that makes sense.
The reason for the exclude is our cb-login causes issues when we use dynamic caching. We'd like to use dynamic caching because it helps us slow down our account executions due to high traffic, however when we did use it we'd have people logging in as different users. So we tried to add the login page as an exclude. Unfortunately that didn't work.
Is there any way to use dynamic caching with cb? thank you again!

5 years 11 months ago #303744 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic History Logs showing lots of errors
Page caching doesn't work well in dynamic environments. This is because Joomla caches the editor page buffer then simply outputs it again when called again. The result is always out of date data. It's really meant for blog sites. This is a problem for any page with a HTML form element since CB protects them all from spoofing and spam. Best way to exclude such pages is make a Joomla menu item to them then exclude that menu item in "System - Page Cache". Otherwise review the "Exclude URLs" parameter carefully to ensure you've supplied everything in the correct format.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn