Stripe not using tokenized payments?

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #303859 by wjgadmin
Stripe not using tokenized payments? was created by wjgadmin
hi guys,
we're getting the following notice from stripe. they literally aren't processing our payment because of your integration method. we only got this since the last update of cbsubs. i don't know if something is different but PLEASE help us with this. we have large events coming up tomorrow and we cannot even accept payments!
Hello there, and welcome to Stripe!

We noticed that you are passing your cardholder's full credit card number to Stripe's API. We strongly discourage you from handling this information directly because doing so:

Potentially exposes your customer's sensitive data to bad actors

Excludes your payments from protection by Radar, Stripe's fraud protection solution

Requires your business to meet complex and burdensome PCI compliance requirements

To keep your customer's information safe, we were unable to process the unsafe charge you just sent us. In order to process payments securely on Stripe, change your integration to collect payment information using tokenization. Tokenization ensures that no sensitive card data ever needs to touch your server.

In rare cases, you may have to continue handling full credit card information directly. If this applies to you, you can enable unsafe processing in your dashboard.

For any questions, just reply to this email and we'd be happy to help.

Yours,

The Stripe Team

Stripe, 1‌8‌5 Berry Street, Suite 5‌5‌0, San Francisco CA 9‌4‌1‌0‌7

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #303862 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stripe not using tokenized payments?
Why did you change the payment method to server side? Change "Payment Button method" back to its default "Inline Form (Elements)". Do not use server side unless you explicitly understand what you're doing and absolutely need it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #303863 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Stripe not using tokenized payments?
we did not make this change. can you please tell me where that setting even exists? thank you

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #303864 by wjgadmin
I found this setting you're referring to. As you can see we did not change it and it is indeed still defaulted to "Inline Form (Elements)".
Attachments:

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #303867 by wjgadmin
I've two additional payments that have been submitted via stripe successfully. I am awaiting a response from stripe to confirm they were submitted properly. I will update the ticket as I hear back. I would like to determine the cause of that even if the payments are now successful.

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #303871 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stripe not using tokenized payments?
I've no idea what Stripe is complaining about then. Credit Card credentials never touch your server with "Inline Form (Elements)" payment method. It's already using the tokenized API that they're instructing you to use. I'm seeing no such errors or issues in my tests as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn