[#7134] Promotions not applying correctly

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #304237 by wjgadmin
Hi guys
I’ve provided multiple recurring subscription discounts and it is not showing the user that the 2nd month and ongoing will be discounted. For example I allow them to subscribe or upgrade using a discount code set to discount 1st & recurring (2nd and following) payments. However it shows them the 1st payment being discounted and the rest are at the original price. Please advise.

I have the setting enabled for both payments (1st & recurring)
Single payment (and for autorecurring payments subscriptions: First payment amount) = Yes
For Autorecurring payments subscriptions only: Second and following auto-recurring payments amounts = Yes

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #304258 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Promotions not applying correctly
Please provide a screenshot of how the price is displaying and explain what it should be displayed as based off the discount you're trying to apply.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #304264 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Promotions not applying correctly
Please see attached. I set the promo to reduce the amount for 1st & recurring payments. In this example the plan is $49, the discount is $14 so the total should be $35 every month. Please see the yellow highlighted area. Also please note, the example is for a renewal but it is the same for upgrade & registration discounts, not just renewals.
Attachments:

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #304265 by wjgadmin
the above was with the setting = "Apply promotion amount to all applicable items in order until promotion amount is depleted"

however if I change that = "Apply full promotion amount multiple times to each applicable item line"
it doesn't even show them recurring payments at all... please see below. This is NOT the option that we prefer to use but I figured it'd be good to show you anyway. we use the above method "Apply promo amount to all app items in order until depleted" so we need that to reduce the amount from the recurring payments also if that option is enabled as seen in the image above. thank you
Attachments:

5 years 11 months ago #304267 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Promotions not applying correctly
It should only apply to the recurring payment if "For Autorecurring payments subscriptions only: Second and following auto-recurring payments amounts" is set to "Yes". Looks like a bug is preventing this from working for coupons. For always applied promotions it seams to work fine. Unfortunately I do not have a workaround to suggest at this time beyond don't use recurring payments so they can apply the coupon at each renewal manually.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago #304268 by wjgadmin
Hi guys, unfortunately this is not an option for us. We need to always have recurring payments. Can you please fix the bug?
As of now we will have lots of users that we will have to spend a great deal of time with because they're going to be upset when their next payment is more than expected. Also it will hurt us with our merchant seeing many refunds etc...
I would appreciate it if you could provide a solution to this and I'm happy to help anyway I can. thank you

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn