[#7172] Still problems with Reactivation of user plan

5 years 9 months ago #304916 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Still problems with Reactivation of user plan
Strange, payment failed notifications are working fine in my tests. At any rate my recommendation at this time is to just disable retries. It doesn't really benefit the user at this time anyway since there's no means of updating the card on file in CBSubs. Will review this further once investigating the bug when time permits (in the middle of upgrading all of CBSubs to Bootstrap 4 styling).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago #304918 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Still problems with Reactivation of user plan
Will do. Just to clarify before I disable that feature and a users card expires, will their card update before it fails for the first time, or does it usually fail and then update the expiration information?
Meaning as you've mentioned before, these days expiration dates are generally handled by the card companies and aren't much of a problem even if they expire, in this case should it update and allow the initial attempt to go through or fail & then work on the second attempt?

Once I disable that feature it will affect more users based on expiration etc... than the unusual scenario that we're experiencing. So I want to make sure I don't cause a worse case by trying to alleviate the more unusual of the scenarios. Thank you

5 years 9 months ago #304951 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Still problems with Reactivation of user plan
If the expiration date is updated per Stripes agreement with Visa for example then it will be done before it actually expires (you typically get your new card a good month or more before it actually expires). So there won't be any negative impact there. This is strictly if the card expires at Stripe and Stripe was unable to update expiration per agreement with the card provider. So it doesn't really benefit CBSubs at all to have it retry at this time since we've no functionality to update cards on file.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wjgadmin

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.446 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn