How to make some user groups data private GDPR

5 years 10 months ago #304845 by cgwhite
I am trying to see if it is possible to make some user groups data private.

Under the new GDPR we have a situation that only some users data needs to be kept when they cease to be a member of our CB site.

We move them into a "Past Members" group and would like to only have some of their data available to existing members but all of it available to administrators.

Is this possible?

Regards,

Chris.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago #304864 by krileon
CB Privacy and its Profile Privacy field could be used for that. Simply set their profile to Private and only them and CB Moderators will have access to it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 10 months ago #304876 by cgwhite
Yes, I can see that. But that will make all of their data private. I wish to have some of it private and the rest available to the rest of the registered users. i.e. a half way house.

Is it possible to set certain fields as private depending on the access group that is looking at it. So, Date of Birth would only be available to Admins but email address would be available to all? (Or any other combination.)

Regards,

Chris.

5 years 10 months ago #304892 by krileon

Yes, I can see that. But that will make all of their data private. I wish to have some of it private and the rest available to the rest of the registered users. i.e. a half way house.

You can do that with CB Privacy; it's the entire purpose of the plugin. You can enable privacy controls for their entire profile, per tab, and per field. There's also System Actions in CB Auto Actions to enable privacy controls per CB Activity post and per CB Gallery upload.

Is it possible to set certain fields as private depending on the access group that is looking at it. So, Date of Birth would only be available to Admins but email address would be available to all? (Or any other combination.)

Yup, CB Privacy has an edit display parameter for tabs and fields you can adjust to be based off a usergroup, view access level, or just be set to moderators only.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 10 months ago #304901 by cgwhite
Right, I am starting to see how this can work but please follow me through with this.

I have a member who is part of the registered group. All of his information, name, address, dob, email etc. is available for all members of the registered group to view by his profile.

He then leaves and I wish to make some of his data: His address, dob, private so that only admins can now view it. The first thing I will do is move him to the Past Members group so that he no longer has access to the site. Can we automatically have the rest of his data made private when his is moved into the past members group or has it to be done individually for each field?

Regards,

Chris.

5 years 10 months ago #304904 by cgwhite
What I am actually getting at is the display of the data is not dependant on the group / access level or the viewer but dependant on the group of the user profile that they wish to view.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn