How to make some user groups data private GDPR

5 years 10 months ago #304911 by krileon

He then leaves and I wish to make some of his data: His address, dob, private so that only admins can now view it. The first thing I will do is move him to the Past Members group so that he no longer has access to the site. Can we automatically have the rest of his data made private when his is moved into the past members group or has it to be done individually for each field?

Easiest way to do that is to just block the user as moderators still have access to blocked users profiles on frontend. You can even have a userlist for moderators that shows all blocked users. Another option is to ban the profile and again only moderators can access their profile. The alternative would be altering privacy controls for their profile, tabs, or fields using CB Auto Actions when you change their usergroup but that gets a lot more complicated. Another option I suppose is a Redirect action to redirect away from those users profiles if the viewing user isn't a moderator.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago #304947 by cgwhite
Right, I think I am getting somewhere here.

Can we work through using auto actions to do this. I have now added an extra tab to the profile that contains only the data that we want to show to all members and called that Personal. All registered users will be able to see this information at all times. I have moved onto that tab the fields that are viewable by all members. The remaining tabs need to be made private when the usergroup changes from "Registered" to "Past Members".

How is this done with Auto Actions?

Regards,

Chris.

5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #304952 by krileon
I assume you're changing their usergroup from backend. If that's the case I recommend just changing their tab privacy there are the same time. Otherwise you'll need to configure auto actions to automate that using the below.

Global
Triggers: onAfterUpdateUser
Type: CB Privacy
User: Automatic
Access: Past Members
Action
Mode: Rules
Method: Create
Asset: profile.tab.TAB_ID_HERE
Rules: Private

Be sure to replace TAB_ID_HERE with your actual tabs id. You'll need to make a Rule change for each tab you want changed (use the Add Row button so you can do all this in a single auto action).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikerotec, cgwhite

5 years 10 months ago #304955 by cgwhite
Thank you that works but I have run into an issue:

Using Auto Actions I have set all the tabs to Private but the Personal one. I have also set the users email address as private and if I look at their profile their email address is shown as private. BUT, if I go to their profile there is a tab above the canvas called "Messages" which has a drop down that shows "Send Private Message" and also a link to their email address. If the email address is private surely this should not be showing. How do I disable this messages tab?

Regards,

Chris.

5 years 10 months ago #304969 by krileon
The menu link to send an email does not check the access of the email field. It's entirely based off the "Email Handling" parameter in CB > Configuration > General, which if set to "Do Not Display Email" won't display at all.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.490 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn