Creating invoice on import

5 years 9 months ago #305749 by cgwhite
Creating invoice on import was created by cgwhite
Is there any way of creating invoices for members when their subscriptions are added by importing? We do this when we have members sending us payment by other means than using the online payment option built into CB Subs. They still need an invoice displayed on their profile even if they pay by another method.

Regards,

Chris.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago #305768 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Creating invoice on import
Go through frontend subscription purchase process on their behalf, but use the Offline payment gateway. Next pay the basket from backend. This will give them a subscription with a basket attached to it, which will display an invoice for them. Importing subscriptions or directly giving them within CB > User Management will not generate a basket so an invoice doesn't exist for those.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 9 months ago #305787 by cgwhite
Replied by cgwhite on topic Creating invoice on import

krileon wrote: Go through frontend subscription purchase process on their behalf, but use the Offline payment gateway.

Not sure that I understand how I would "Go through the frontend process on their behalf". I do not know their login details. Could you explain further.

Regards, Chris.

5 years 9 months ago #305810 by krileon
Navigate to their profile while logged in as a Super User then click their Subscriptions tab. From there select the plan you want them to be subscribed to the same as if you were doing so on your own profile. At the basket select your Offline payment gateway button and confirm the order. Then in backend you can pay the basket normally.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 9 months ago #305836 by cgwhite
Replied by cgwhite on topic Creating invoice on import
Kyle, you say "Navigate to their profile while logged in as a Super User then click their Subscriptions tab." But they don't have a subscription tab until they have subscribed to something. No tab shows in a user that does not have a current subscription.

5 years 9 months ago #305876 by krileon
Then you don't have plans that are available to the user on frontend. You'll have to configure them to be available. There is no means of giving a subscription to a user from backend that generates a basket (which is also the invoice). You have to use the frontend process for that.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.166 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn