EU VAT Configuration

5 years 9 months ago #305942 by Proteon
EU VAT Configuration was created by Proteon
I have installed and published the "CBSubs Tax" plugin. What are the next steps so that I could configure the VAT for EU?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago #305957 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic EU VAT Configuration
Suggest downloading the CBSubs Manual below.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/documents

You'll need to create a Tax Rule to apply your tax. This is done within CBSubs > Taxes > Tax Rules. Next you'll need to create your Tax Rate within CBSubs > Taxes > Tax Rates. The Tax Rate will determine how much the tax is and who it applies to.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 9 months ago #305968 by Proteon
Replied by Proteon on topic EU VAT Configuration
Hi Kyle,

So, does that mean, if 27 countries have different rates for VAT, I will need to create 27 different VAT rules?

When it says "EU VAT Plugin" , I expected it to be simpler than creating 27 rules. Am I missing something?

5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #305971 by beat
Replied by beat on topic EU VAT Configuration
Europe VAT is complex and the taxing and rates and moreover the numerous exceptions depend on each individual case, in addition the rates and rules can change any time in each country:
ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/business/vat/eu-vat-rules-topic/vat-rates_en
it's hard for CBSubs to guess any individual situation, so even with all available rates (up to 4 per country), it remains a tedious process to configure EU VAT.

To the best of my knowledge, EU doesn't provide a webservice that lists all VAT rates, and I haven't found a free and up-to-date webservice that could facilitate the setup and maintenance of basic rates. If you have any free and reliable open-data source for all countries VAT rates and rules, I would be happy to look into simplifying the configuration. :)

EDIT: This is the latest EU's understanding of EU countries VAT rules from January:
ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/sites/taxation/files/resources/documents/taxation/vat/how_vat_works/rates/vat_rates_en.pdf
It is 119 pages long and should allow every EU business to understand it's position (and maintain it)!
Bureaucracy, politics and KISS (Keep It Simple and Stupid) are 3 different things...
I haven't found an official EU computer-readable version (e.g. JSON or XML), even if just for the "standard" rates!

EDIT2: Even within a country, depending on territory and supplier, VAT rates can change. Unofficial source:
github.com/kdeldycke/vat-rates

Added a FR for collecting information and waiting for official or well-maintained free open-data source:

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

5 years 9 months ago #305974 by beat
Replied by beat on topic EU VAT Configuration
And it is called "EU VAT Plugin", because it has the official EU VAT number validation provided by the official EU API.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds