Folder Access Causing Cache Issues

5 years 8 months ago #306323 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Folder Access Causing Cache Issues
Unfortunately I cannot do that, when I try to pay from the basket I get the following error:
Failed to save Pay the basket manually because: This payment basket has no gateway associated so can not be paid manually.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 8 months ago #306336 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Folder Access Causing Cache Issues
You need to use the offline gateway or use the dummy gateway to pay from frontend so you can test your workflows.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 8 months ago #306343 by wjgadmin
Ran the tests and the password properly authenticated. However I expected that it would as this was never the issue.

The issue is that users that already have an account are having an issue and having to reset their passwords in order for it to allow them access. So how can we resolve it for the past users since the new users are okay? Thank you

5 years 8 months ago #306356 by krileon
If a user already has an account then they need to log out and back in after making their purchase for it to synchronize their account. There is no other way to do it because their password is plaintext during limited operations (password change, login, and registration) which is necessary to synchronize them to the htpasswd file.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 8 months ago #306361 by wjgadmin
Yes sir, I understand this as it makes complete sense. However our users are logging out and logging back in multiple times and it doesn't help, they have to literally reset their password before it will work.
So the synchronizing isn't working on logout/login at all until the password is reset completely.

5 years 8 months ago #306369 by krileon
I'm not sure what to suggest. It's working perfectly fine in my tests. If the path you're protecting is in Joomla then you are not going to get a directory list because Joomlas htaccess at root is setup to block that. Example as follows.

Path: /images/restricted
Type: Joomla

If I attempt to access /images/restricted I'll be asked to login. When I do I'll immediately see a restricted page. This is because directory lists are blocked. However if the /images/restricted/test.txt file exists and I attempt to access it then I'll be able to see it just fine.

To avoid this you need to be using a directory outside of Joomla if you want a directory list or you'll need to modify the htaccess file to allow indexes. Have added a feature ticket to add a parameter to reverse index ignore so you can output a directory list inside a protected folder in Joomla.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn