Fake charebacks resolution

5 years 8 months ago #306466 by wjgadmin
Fake charebacks resolution was created by wjgadmin
Is is possible to require the end user to digitally sign a terms agreement form to assist with fake charebacks? We've never received charebacks and one was issued recently for a false reason. The user made a claim that we cleared proved false, however the chargeback was lost regardless because we didn't have the terms signed.

To alleviate this you can get it in writing from the user, so is it possible to do this before allowing access? For example: the user signs up and is presented with the terms and conditions (checkbox) as usual and a field to digitally sign a form with the terms on it? There are many services that offer great digital signatures like docusign, signnow etc....

Any possibilities? Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 8 months ago #306497 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Fake charebacks resolution
You can enable terms and conditions per basket within CBSubs > Settings > Display > Baskets. Your terms and conditions during registration should have you covered however assuming you configured them otherwise you've users registering while never accepting any terms. A digital signature is not necessary and we've no functionality for digital signatures.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 8 months ago #306499 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Fake charebacks resolution
Yes these are enabled, however the banks do not honor the terms and many require a signature per our recent understanding.
Is there any other way to require a signature page before registration is complete and access is granted? A field perhaps that would allow this or any other way you could think of? Thank you in advance.

5 years 8 months ago #306503 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Fake charebacks resolution
Again there is no digital signature functionality. There is no need for a digital signature. The terms and conditions if clearly written and accepted at time of registration and/or purchase are fine.

If the user feels you failed to deliver on what was promised and does a charge back and you can't prove you delivered on what was promised you will lose the charge back. It doesn't matter if you've clear terms and conditions, digital signature, etc.. For example if you offer downloads for a subscription a download history is sufficient proof.

Regardless of all of this it's still ultimately left up to the bank and a lot of the time you will lose a charge back especially if it's a fraud case (e.g. stolen card used).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn