Stripe Issue

5 years 8 months ago #306563 by jmaridon
Stripe Issue was created by jmaridon
We are having an issue with Stripe. When users click on "Pay $.." the button just starts spinning and never completes the payment. They can log back in and try again then the payment goes through. Can you help us with this? I am not sure if this is an issue with Stripe or not.

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 8 months ago #306596 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stripe Issue
It uses Stripes JS to handle submitting the credit card form. Press F12 to open your browsers developer console and see if there are any fatal JS errors present under the Console tab as if there are the JS will likely fail.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #306608 by jmaridon
Replied by jmaridon on topic Stripe Issue

krileon wrote: It uses Stripes JS to handle submitting the credit card form. Press F12 to open your browsers developer console and see if there are any fatal JS errors present under the Console tab as if there are the JS will likely fail.

There was a duplicate of the Facebook Pixel Tracking ID.

"[Facebook Pixel] - Duplicate Pixel ID: ...."

Do you think that could be the culprit? Disabling that plugin got rid of the error in the java console.

5 years 8 months ago #306621 by krileon
Does Stripes payment button work after disabling that plugin? Are there any errors in the console when clicking the payment button?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #306722 by jmaridon
Replied by jmaridon on topic Stripe Issue
Yes, errors persist even after disabling that plugin and the credit card selection on the payment screen attached is waaay off and it is causing issues with our clients making payments. The errors that shows up in the Javascript console are:

"(index):1 Failed to execute 'postMessage' on 'DOMWindow': The target origin provided ('js.stripe.com') does not match the recipient window's origin ('www.lvtrafficticketguy.com').
Kt @ (index):1
value @ (index):1
r @ (index):1"
--
cbpaidsubscriptions?cbpgacctno=6&cbpbasket=13742&do=gw&result=paynow&cbpid=cbp5b69c9b33461b093094347:554 A parser-blocking, cross site (i.e. different eTLD+1) script, secure.statcounter.com/counter/counter.js, is invoked via document.write. The network request for this script MAY be blocked by the browser in this or a future page load due to poor network connectivity. If blocked in this page load, it will be confirmed in a subsequent console message. See www.chromestatus.com/feature/5718547946799104 for more details.

Attachments:

5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #306724 by krileon
Seams to be reported below as a bug in Chrome specifically.

github.com/stripe/react-stripe-elements/issues/98

Ensure your browser is up to date or try a different browser. We've no control over how Stripes JS functions. It's simply loaded into the header and used as instructed by Stripe. Stripe however is saying that that will have no impact on Stripe functioning or not. So should work fine even if that's present in the console.

I am having no issues with Stripe in any of my tests so it could be a conflict from something you've installed. Try switching to default Joomla protostar template and see if issue persists.

and the credit card selection on the payment screen attached is waaay off and it is causing issues with our clients making payments.

That's a completely different issue. Normally the card selection is made at the basket. Are you using radio selection within CBSubs > Settings > Display > Baskets? When you do have a card selected does payments work fine?

A parser-blocking, cross site (i.e. different eTLD+1) script, secure.statcounter.com/counter/counter.js

That looks like a problem with a 3rd party script your site is using. Still shouldn't have any impact on Stripe functioning.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds