Subscription AND Purchase

5 years 6 months ago #307539 by wjgadmin
Subscription AND Purchase was created by wjgadmin
Hi all,
Is it possible to allow our users to have a subscription & make a single purchase at the same time? Let me explain:

We have multiple subscriptions that must cancel the previous if the user upgrades, so we set them to Allow only one subscription at a time.
However we have a product that we also need to allow the users to purchase without affecting their subscription. So this is somewhat a catch 22 because we have the subscriptions set to allow only 1 subscription, and we have the other product set to allow multiple subscriptions so we can allow them to purchase it without cancelling or affecting the other subscription.

Is there a way to accomplish this? We'd like to be able to allow the user to have their subscription and cancel all other subscriptions (IF they upgrade) that are set to allow only 1 subscription, AND allow the user to purchase from another subscription that allows multiple subscriptions and not affect the ones that are set to allow only 1.

I hope that makes sense. I remember that you've mentioned in the past that you were going to implement a shopping cart function into CBSubs and I haven't seen that yet. We're trying to alleviate the necessity for additional shopping carts other than CBSubs. Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 6 months ago #307563 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Subscription AND Purchase
Set your product plan to be non-exclusive. They should then be able to purchase it alongside their subscription plan. Note you can not renew more than 1 subscription at a time or renew and purchase something else at the same time.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 6 months ago #307566 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Subscription AND Purchase
I've tried that and didn't seem to work. Here is our setup:
We offer 3 options for auto renewing subscriptions which are the most common (may only have 1 at a time and may upgrade from one to the other). Then we also have 3 products that may be purchased with no renewal necessary (lifetime purchases).
We have the 3 auto renewing set to exclusive and the 3 non renewing set to non exclusive. However if a user is subscribed to an auto renewing plan they are unable to purchase one of the 3 non auto (non exclusive) options, it will throw an error.
Am I missing something or setting that up incorrectly? Thank you

5 years 6 months ago #307569 by krileon
What error is it throwing? Please outline how you have your plans setup; example as follows should work fine.

Plan 1 (exclusive)
Plan 2 (exclusive)
Plan 3 (exclusive)
Plan 4 (non-exclusive)
Plan 5 (non-exclusive)
Plan 6 (non-exclusive)

You should be able to purchase Plan 1 and Plan 4 at the same time perfectly fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 6 months ago #307571 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Subscription AND Purchase
Very interesting in that case. Here is how they are currently and we're not getting the result as expected:
Plan 1 = Exclusive, Monthly Recurring
Plan 2 = Exclusive, Monthly Recurring
Plan 3 = Exclusive, Monthly Recurring
Plan 4 = Exclusive, Yearly Recurring
Plan 5 = Exclusive, Lifetime Membership (not autorecurring)

Plan 6 = Not Exclusive, Lifetime Membership (not autorecurring)
Plan 7 = Not Exclusive, Lifetime Membership (not autorecurring)

Example: I am subscribed to plan 1 and I attempt to purchase/upgrade to plan 6 (expecting to be able to as it's not exclusive) I get an error: "Chosen plans combination is not allowed (you must choose coherent plans selection, e.g. mandatory subscription(s) must be active or mandatory plan(s) must be chosen)."

I'm confident that I have it as you're suggesting, but apparently I'm missing something. Could you please assist to get this resolved. Truly appreciated!
If you need admin access please let me know and I'll pm you.

5 years 6 months ago #307576 by krileon
Assuming Plan 1 is active that should work fine and does in my tests. Ensure free lifetime plans are configured to create subscriptions within CBSubs > Settings > Global then see if that resolves your issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.494 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn