Folder Access passwords

5 years 6 months ago #307591 by wjgadmin
Folder Access passwords was created by wjgadmin
We protect folders/directories using the "Folder Access" option via CBSubs. We've had issues with users being able to login. After lots of troubleshooting I realized that everytime a user changes their password it creates a new login for them but it doesn't delete the old one from the directory.
So then they try to login with the new password and it doesn't allow them to. The old password still works in some cases.

We've also had new users signup and their username/password never gets stored for the directory so they can't access it either.

Any thoughts on this? Shouldn't it update the password via the server? Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 6 months ago #307616 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Folder Access passwords
It should update their password. It does a lookup based off username. Could be an issue trying to match their username. Does it do this for every user or just some users?

As for new users not being added to the password file it can only do that when plaintext password is available. This means the synchronization only takes place during login, during registration, or during profile edit when password is changed. If they're logged in then subscribe it won't synchronize them until the logout and back in.

I don't really recommend using old htaccess folder access anymore though. CB Gallery and CB Package Builder can both provide easy to use file management directly in Joomla that can be controlled by CBSubs using ACL or URL Part protection.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn