apply new subscription plan to registered users

5 years 5 months ago #307704 by buzibuzi
Hi
my aim is to use the CB Paid Subscriptions as a subscription mechanism for paying a membership (none compulsory) to a certain None Profit Organization (the access to the Joomla content is less important to me)
So far i have:
1. imported the large number of this organization users to CB via excel list. They are now in "registered" status.
2. setup 2 plans in "CB Paid Subscriptions" : "free" (0 cost ) and membership ($20)
i would like those registered users to have the option of now paying via CB Paid Subscriptions if they choose to do so.
3. since they are already registered i cant give them this option in the registration phase.

How would you recommend i go about and do this ?
in some way mark them as out of date paying members and send them a notification ?
can you suggest a strategy here ?

Thank you for your help

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago #307711 by krileon
If a large amount of them already paid you can use the import feature in CBSubs to give a large amount of users an active subscription. If none of them have paid yet I'd use the same CBSubs Import feature to give them your free plan. You'd then need to work on whatever marketing you plan to do, which could be a newsletter (e.g. AcyMailing) or a mass email (e.g. mass mailer in CB > User Management) for example.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 5 months ago #307722 by buzibuzi
Hi krileon, none of them have paid. where can i find this import feature ?
Also, when i send out this news letter, where do i direct them to, to sign up for this plan ? is there some subscription page outside of the registration where people can apply to this plan and pay ?

Thank you

5 years 5 months ago #307735 by nant

buzibuzi wrote: Hi krileon, none of them have paid. where can i find this import feature ?
Also, when i send out this news letter, where do i direct them to, to sign up for this plan ? is there some subscription page outside of the registration where people can apply to this plan and pay ?

Thank you

Please download the CBSubs manual - there is a section on Import functionality.

5 years 5 months ago #307741 by buzibuzi
thank you
what about signing up to a plan not via registration, but via a dedicated page, like buying a product in a shop. is this possible ? is this in the manual ?

5 years 5 months ago #307745 by nant

buzibuzi wrote: thank you
what about signing up to a plan not via registration, but via a dedicated page, like buying a product in a shop. is this possible ? is this in the manual ?

Purchasers need to be members of the site (means they need to have registered).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn