CB Subs error log message is flooding cbsubs_history table up to 19.4Gib

5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #307724 by startup
UPDATE START:
I did went back to php 7.0.30 and did TRUNCATE the cbsubs_history table. At least I do not get any new ERROR_logs during browsing the site. As a logged in user the whole site i.e browsing user profile list, or show details of a certain user etc. is unbelievable slow. If I do this as a guest I do have a good performant site. Any thoughts what it could be?
UPDATE END:

Hello!

my cbsubs_history database is now at a size of 19.4GiB - in the CB Subs History backend view I do see that for every logged user I get tons of these error log messages added into the history log (see the attachement)

Any ideas what could be wrong here?

Using the following environment:
Joomla 3.8.5
PHP 7.2.7
CB 2.1.3
CB Subs 4.1.1+build.2018.02.15.21.30.26.93a914c2d

I know that these versions are not bleeding edge (update is planned) but they were working for months but now I get flooded with these error logs and due to the size of the cb_subs_history table and the corresponding queries the site is unbelievable slow.

Any hints more than welcome - even short term like disabling the logging so that the table will not increase more. Can I delete all error messages from the table with with DELETE FROM cbsubs_history WHERE event_type=1 without side effects?

Thanks a lot
Frank
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 6 months ago #307747 by krileon
The history log it should only need to be cleared once a year on an active site unless the site is outputting PHP warnings, notices, or errors regularly. Appears yours is throwing that warning constantly, which is due to CB being out of date. Please install the latest build. You're using latest stable which is multiple fixes behind. Please note build releases go through the same testing as stable. They are no longer technically "nightlies" which typically have little testing so we've named them build releases.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #307757 by startup
UPDATE START:
I could isolate the problem a bit. I turned on the CB paid subscription plugin again and disabled a module (type of cb content with "[cb:usertab tab="17" /]" This tab with id 17 is just tab type of CB Menu. If this module is turned off the user profiles and the user list (only in these two menus the module gets shown) loads perfectly fine. Did anything changed recently in the cb content handling?
UPDATE END:

Hi Krileon,

thanks for your answer. I updated yesterday the whole site to the bleeding edge versions:
Joomla 3.8.12
CB 2.2.1 with the following other CB Plugins (CB Auto Actions, CB PRivacy, CB Conditional all the latest versions)
CB Subs 4.3.0+build.2018.07.05.21.23.07.5cee7f443

I went back to PHP 7.0.30

I do not get any new error logs into cbsubs_history just "normal" logs like a new user subscripted. I also truncated that massive table. so now it just has 30 entries. But the complete site is unbelievable slow. Just loading a user profile page takes up to 13.98 seconds . With the Chrome debug tools I do see in the profiling that there is a WAITING of 12.79 seconds. I attached the screenshot (loading_user_profile_paid_subscription_plugin_published.jpg) - if I just unpublish the CB Paid subscription plugin within the CB Plugin manager the same user profile load just takes 2.02s and there is just a WAITING of 472.82 ms. (look screenshot loading_user_profile_paid_subscription_plugin_unpublished.jpg)

So how can the cb paid subscription plugin influence the load of a user profile so dramatically? Do you have any idea? Do we have a chance that you might look into our site? Could mail you credentials via PM.

Thank you so much for your support

Frank
Attachments:

5 years 6 months ago #307768 by krileon
TTFB is the responsive time of the first byte and the time it takes to build the page. This should be no more than 1s typically with average of 400ish milliseconds for the initial page request. Anything longer and you've either a performance issue on the site or your server is incredibly slow.

You said disabling CBSubs improves the performance then it's likely something configured in CBSubs that maybe getting stuck. Do you have a significant amount of plans? Try publishing CBSubs then unpublishing your plans 1 by 1 and see if performance improvements.

PHP 7.2.7 is also tested working fine with latest CB builds so you shouldn't need to downgrade your PHP version, but just be sure everything is up to date (including any other extensions you've installed).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 6 months ago #307862 by startup
Hi!

After further investigation I can give you some more informations. I figured out which module is delaying the overall loading time of the userlist and also the profile view of a user profile (not the own profile)

On a Joomla menu where the cb user list gets shown and also within the profile view I do show a module type of cb content where I display the CB Menu tab. The content of that module is (17 is the id of the corresponding CB Tab (CB Menu):
[cb:usertab tab="17" user="#displayedOrMe" /]

Loading my own (profile of the logged in user) profile page I do get the following loading times with the Joomla debug system:
afterRenderComponent com_comprofiler 8372.23 ms
afterRenderModule mod_cbcontent (Profile menu) 4243.52 ms

This is shocking long. As you proposed I reduced the number of published CB Subs Plans (was 14 and now I have just 6). With that reduced amount of available CB Subs Plans the loading time reduced down to:
afterRenderComponent com_comprofiler 5025.95 ms
afterRenderModule mod_cbcontent (Profile menu) 3199.93 ms

which is better but still far away from good. I do show/hide some menu items within that CB Menu with CB Auto Actions - I disabled all these Actions but the loading time still stays at that high level.

So the problem is quiet well isolated but I have no idea how I could improve this. On the cb user list I had the same problem but there I could just disable the show of that CB menu module (from UX point of view it was not mandatory there) but I cannot disable the CB Menu within the profile view because there I do need the ability to "Send private Message, Manage Favorites, Remove From Favorites" which are items within that CB menu.

The very strange thing is that this enormous loading time is only within the profile view of my own (the logged in user) profile. If I load other users profile I do get the following loading times:
afterRenderComponent com_comprofiler 81.69 ms
afterRenderModule mod_cbcontent (Profile menu) 4.59 ms

The same module with the CB menu gets shown there as well but the loading time is just 4.59ms and not 3199 ms like I do get within loading the logged in user profile.

I hope that my explanations are making sense for you and you do have some good ideas.

Thanks for your support
Frank

5 years 6 months ago #307870 by krileon
Unpublish non-core plugins within CB > Plugin Management 1 by 1 until the issue goes away. It's not CB Menu directly causing your issue. Plugins can act on CB Menu triggers to extend it. It's likely a plugin adding a menu item taking a long time. If using CB Activity it could be the notification icon although it shouldn't pose any sort of performance problems like that unless there's misuse.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn