[SOLVED] Urls to plans not working after upgrade to joomla 3.8.13

5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #307906 by qandbwebmanager
After upgrading to to joomla 3.8.13 the urls to individual plans are displaying the message: "You are not authorized to view this page!
You need to log in."

Since getting the message I have updated Community Builder and Paid Subscriptions to the latest versions. I try to start using PHP 7.1. Having seen some other posts I have reverted back to PHP5.6.

You can see the symptons here .

Hope you can help.

Best regards
Alistair

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 6 months ago #307942 by krileon
There's no Itemid in the URL. This means it will fallback to CBs profile menu item for routing. Ensure your Joomla menu item to CBs profile page is published and public access. You can also create Joomla menu items to plan pages by using Community Builder > Plugin menutype then selecting CB Paid Subscriptions for Plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 6 months ago #307962 by qandbwebmanager
Replied by qandbwebmanager on topic Urls to plans not working after upgrade to joomla 3.8.13
Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions.

The url I am using is the one provided in the Plan editor "qandb.org/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=displayplans&plans=1".

It ends with "plans=1", rather than "itemid=1". I have tried using "itemid=1" and get the same problem.

The joomla menu item for CBs profile page is published and public access.

I have created a specific menu item using Community Builder > Plugin menutype CB Paid Subscriptions with Do = Display Plans and Plan = 1, but still get the same message.

Best regards
Alistair

5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #307977 by krileon
Don't replace &plans=1, you need to add &Itemid=MENU_ID_HERE where MENU_ID_HERE is the menu id for the menu you created to Community Builder > Plugins with Plugin set to CB Paid Subscriptions.

However you really need to have a public and published Joomla menu item to CBs profile page and this won't be an issue. Such public and published menu item doesn't need to be visible though (e.g. place it on a menu that isn't displayed in any menu modules). This should've already been setup for you under the Community Builder menu unless you changed the access manually.

The joomla menu item for CBs profile page is published and public access.

That does not appear to be the case. Reviewing your login module even the form path is missing its SEF so it can't find the menu item.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 6 months ago #308011 by qandbwebmanager
Replied by qandbwebmanager on topic Urls to plans not working after upgrade to joomla 3.8.13
Hi,

I've worked out what the problem was. We'd had users try to register, rather than go through the CB registration process. I set 'Allow User Registration' to 'No', which removed the option to register from the log-in page.By solving one problem, I created another!! A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!!

Many thanks for your help.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn