[request] frontend menu item that shows active CBsubs subscriptions

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #308723 by ThePiston
One thing CBsubs is missing is an easy way to show all of your subscriptions in one place. I have been using CB List for years with an advanced query, but lately the page dies with error " Error: 0, PHP regular expression limit reached (pcre.backtrack_limit)"

even today we cannot filter those CB lists easily using any CBsubs options such as filter by plan.

I build websites for associations and all of their members have a subscription. CB Lists doesn't cut it. We need a way to show subscriptions and manipulate them in frontend - my association admins want this - the backend is too much for them.

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago #308734 by krileon

One thing CBsubs is missing is an easy way to show all of your subscriptions in one place. I have been using CB List for years with an advanced query, but lately the page dies with error " Error: 0, PHP regular expression limit reached (pcre.backtrack_limit)"

This is most likely due to the users per page limit being missing. Edit your userlist and ensure you're showing a reasonable number of users per page (e.g. 20-30, but not all).

even today we cannot filter those CB lists easily using any CBsubs options such as filter by plan.

It'd be useful to have a field to search frontend userlists by subscription same as backend. Have added a feature ticket to review the possibility of this.

We need a way to show subscriptions and manipulate them in frontend - my association admins want this - the backend is too much for them.

Your backend should be completely customizable using permissions to limit what they see making it easy for them to navigate around. I doubt you'll ever see the level of backend management on frontend.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago #308770 by ThePiston
If we could add these options in the CB Lists filter area, it would be helpful:

1) cbsubs plan
2) cbsubs status
3) cbsubs activation date
4) cbsubs expiration date

My admins just need to be able to see the list of members, when they expire, etc. Also, CB Lists need ot be able to list blocked users since some members ask if they are updated on their subscription or why they cannot login. If the Lists do not show these people, the admins cannot tell why they are locked out. (from front end)

This is what I'd like to see in a frontend CBlist:

John Doe | Standard Plan
john@doe .com Expires: 02/02/2019
Active

Jane Doe | No Plan
jane@doe. com Expired: /02/10/2018
Expired

Lastly, would be nice to have fistname and lastname on same line.

Thanks!

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X

5 years 4 months ago #308773 by krileon

If we could add these options in the CB Lists filter area, it would be helpful:

1) cbsubs plan
2) cbsubs status
3) cbsubs activation date
4) cbsubs expiration date

Possibility of just extending CBSubs Plans Image field with this functionality, but more than likely just a new fieldtype will be added as part of main CBSubs plugin. Not sure yet, but is noted as part of the above feature ticket. Displaying this information is doable using CB Query Field to query for it, but there won't be any searching for it.

My admins just need to be able to see the list of members, when they expire, etc. Also, CB Lists need ot be able to list blocked users since some members ask if they are updated on their subscription or why they cannot login. If the Lists do not show these people, the admins cannot tell why they are locked out. (from front end)

You should be able to display blocked users. Edit your userlist and under Parameters > Display set "Show Blocked" to "Yes". Note only CB Moderators will be able to see blocked users.

Lastly, would be nice to have fistname and lastname on same line.

Should already be the case if using the Name field otherwise you could use a Custom HTML field to combine the firstname and lastname fields to display them on single line. Worse case use CSS to make the two divs inline block.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

5 years 4 months ago #309037 by ernienet
I'd like to "second" this. My clients have 2-3 membership levels in CBSubs and only the top level(s) get shown in a list they call "Sponsors". I create a list with a unique appearance - showing the sponsor logo prominently and displaying a text area where these top-level sponsors can describe their business to visitors. There's a website link and contact information for them.

Outside of CBSubs, I have to create a field in CB for the Sponsor level, which is not accessible by the user, so that I can use that field to filter my list.

I suppose there's some clever user actions I could integrate to set that field from CBSubs, but I see other fields in the filter list from CBSubs - why not a subscription level field and an "active/inactive" field that I can use as filters for CB Lists?

Is there a simple way to enhance CB or CBSubs in that way so that the lists will update according to filters like this?

Thank you,
Ernie

5 years 4 months ago #309039 by ernienet
Maybe CBSubs could have its own List capability - a means to create lists direct4ly from CBSubs members so that settings such as showing only current members, filtering by member levels, and other details could be built-in.

I was also scrolling through the Community Builder Menu options to see if there was something CBSubs-specific there. I saw Plugins which might be a good way of implementing a List system specific to CB Subs.

You can have this new feature by Thursday afternoon, right? :)

Thank you,
Ernie

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.399 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn