CB Subs automatic expiration email getting triggered

5 years 4 months ago #308944 by spletcher
We have added a public userlist and also the JoomUnited Google Map which supports CB lists with addresses etc to be on a google map.

What I have found is that when one clicks on a user while searching our member database just as a public browser (not logged in) that an email is stimulated to tell that member that their membership subscription is expired and that is time to renew.

How do we avoid that and control when these emails go out more precisely?

Thanks,

Stan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago #308962 by krileon
The user isn't directly triggering the email. They're causing CBSubs to check for expired subscriptions, which is controlled by the "Automation settings" parameters within CBSubs > Settings > Global.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago #309102 by spletcher
Kyle,

Actually, I am quite sure that our front end activity did trigger the expiration email that was sent out.
Here is how I know:

1. I added a public list on the frontend. (I hadn't done that ever before - as we always had the CB list behind registration) I also coupled it with a map from a separate component - My Maps Location (from Joom United)
2. As soon as I looked up a member on the map or on the list, the expiration email was sent to them if their membership was expired.
3. I did a second member, and the same thing happened.
4. Within the next 24 hours, I didn't lookup more, however a bunch more expiration emails were sent out from the CB Subs component which I figured correlated with Google bots hitting these now public pages.
5. I unpublished the public lists and map and these expiration notices have now stopped. I assuming it is because no-one is hitting them on the frontend and not because everyone who "needed" an expiration notice had already received one.
6. Furthermore, we have had the CB Subs running for several years, and the expiration notices never went out on their own, except when we were "working in the backend" in which case sometimes a member would receive one (if we had been in their user looking at their data) So - we suspected earlier that somehow we had triggered this activity.

Obviously we want to be in control of this activity and not have these triggered sporatically when someone clicks on their name in the list. We actually want it to be triggered by the rules we setup within the Subscription and when we want to send out expiration notices (which is how I think you all have intended it anyhow)

So, anyhow, we are needing some help to make this work correctly.

I have just renewed our CB Subs subscription so we can update to the latest, although our version is not that old (within the last year).

Thanks Kyle for your help in figuring this out.

Stan

5 years 4 months ago #309123 by krileon
Users can trigger expirations. The expirations are what trigger the emails. So you need to adjust how expirations are triggered as instructed above if you don't want that to happen.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago #309124 by spletcher
Kyle,

Can you explain how to make these adjustments? This is exactly what we want to do and obviously we do not want front end activity triggering our expiration notices going out. We would rather have a defined rule of timing for when the expiration notices go out.
Thanks.

5 years 4 months ago #309128 by krileon
Within CBSubs > Settings > Global adjust the settings under "Automation settings".

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.671 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn