Plans: General -> Presentation vs. Integrations -> Email

5 years 4 months ago #309099 by ernienet
I was getting ready to set up the emails for the subscriptions and found there appear to be two places for the seven emails that go out to subscribers. Which one do I use?

Since CBSubs Email seems to be an add-in to CBSubs, is it just redundant? Should I disable/uninstall the Email plugin?

Also, if I use the email setup under Presentation, where do the sender name and email address come from?

Is the Presentation instance of the emails an override to CB's emails in CB Configuration -> Registration message settings, so the name and email address are pulled from CB Configuration?

If I were to map this out does it work something like this:

1. CB -> Configuration -> Registration emails are used by default.
2. If messages are created in CBSubs -> Plans -> Presentation, they use the CB -> Configuration name and email address, but subject and message from CBSubs.
3. If CBSubs Email plug-in is activated and populated for the plan under Plans -> Integrations -> Email, does that override all of the above?

Is the point of the CBSubs Email plugin to allow different email addresses for each message, or is there some other reason it's used?

Thank you,
Ernie

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago #309121 by krileon
CBSubs Email just gives more control over the recipient of the email as you can override the From Name, From Address, and To (with support for multiple recipients). If you don't need its extra functionality yes you can uninstall it and simply use the emails under the Presentation tab.

Also, if I use the email setup under Presentation, where do the sender name and email address come from?

CB emails always use the registration email name and address as configured in CB > Configuration > Registration unless configuration is provided to override them. For the Presentation emails there is no such configuration. For CBSubs Emails you can override them.

If I were to map this out does it work something like this:

The CBSubs emails are independent from the Pending and Welcome emails.

Is the point of the CBSubs Email plugin to allow different email addresses for each message, or is there some other reason it's used?

It's just more control over the emails than what the Presentation tab provides. If you don't need to override From Name, From Address, or To then you don't need to use CBSubs Emails.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn