Registration Process

5 years 4 months ago #309178 by ernienet
Registration Process was created by ernienet
I'm having trouble finding all the controlling elements for the registration process.

Right now, CB seems to be generating the confirmation screen message ("Sign Up Complete!") and the confirmation email - that's okay for now.

When I click on the confirmation link in the email, it goes to a Payment page. I can't find where and how to change the following:
  • Your membership for payment:" at the top under the word "Payment"
  • Below "Item" it reads: "Corporate: 1 year for test@test.test" (the email address) and I'm not sure where to change the way that reads I'd like it to have the company name and/or the individual's name instead of the email address
  • The text "This is your invoicing address" subtext below "Invoicing Address".

When I select an offline payment option, it goes to a page I'd also like to edit, but can't find where the edits can be made. "You can pay with a check using regular post..." with substitute text for the address and bank transfer information - I can't find where that text is edited, or where the "Click here to confirm that you are paying offline..." link.

When I click that link, there's a popup that says, "This will lock this transaction for offline payment..." When I click "OK", it pops open a new browser window with "Payment Slip" - and I DEFINITELY need to change all that! I don't know where the item number comes from "S3-397-4 has no discernable connection to the invoicing numbers I set up. and "Payment Slip" is not the language I would want to use - there's a lot more I want to change in these two steps, but I have no idea where to do it.

Finally, with all these popups, the main browser page doesn't redirect to anywhere so the user is just stuck at that page. I'd rather the "payment Slip" be displayed instead (and the warning popup be disabled).

I know this is a lot for one message, but as I tried to document the user experience, I can see it really needs to be streamlined and there's plenty of default text that I need to edit. I found some things under Settings -> Display -> Basket, and a few under Plans, but I can't figure out the rest of it, and could not find answers in the documentation (maybe I'm just searching the wrong terms).

Thank you,
Ernie

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago #309200 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Registration Process

Your membership for payment:" at the top under the word "Payment"

That's a language string. You can change it using a language override.

Below "Item" it reads: "Corporate: 1 year for test@test.test" (the email address) and I'm not sure where to change the way that reads I'd like it to have the company name and/or the individual's name instead of the email address

That's the "Payment item text" parameter under the Pricing tab of your plan.

The text "This is your invoicing address" subtext below "Invoicing Address".

That's a language string. You can change it using a language override.

When I select an offline payment option, it goes to a page I'd also like to edit, but can't find where the edits can be made. "You can pay with a check using regular post..." with substitute text for the address and bank transfer information - I can't find where that text is edited, or where the "Click here to confirm that you are paying offline..." link.

Both are within your offline payment gateway configuration in CBSubs > Gateways.

Finally, with all these popups, the main browser page doesn't redirect to anywhere so the user is just stuck at that page. I'd rather the "payment Slip" be displayed instead (and the warning popup be disabled).

You can disable the popup and just use inline display within your offline payment gateway configuration in CBSubs > Gateways.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.343 seconds