CBSubs Import Error

5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #309717 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs Import Error
Those look like CBSubs Emails parameters. That is not CBSubs Mailer. You don't need CBSubs Emails unless you intend to override the From Name/Address and the To address. Suggest reading the CBSubs Manual to get started with CBSubs Mailer.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 3 months ago #309723 by ernienet
Replied by ernienet on topic CBSubs Import Error
So it seems that there's more to this - I didn't notice the CBSubs Mailer previously. I was working with the Plan -> Integrations tab -> Email subtab. I thought THAT was the plugin!

I thought that this was what I needed to use because I did not know if my client was going to ask me later to add an email address to BCC or require some other customization available only in the CBSubs Mailer plugin.

When you say "CBSubs Mailer" - exactly which one are you talking about?

I'm getting really confused about all the different mailer options. There are the seven emails under each plan's Presentation tab; there are the seven emails under Integrations -> Email subtab; and there's a whole new set of options under the Mailer icon in the main CBSubs area!

I never noticed this last one and now I'm wondering if I should use this one for the imported files because there may be a way to create an email that goes out to expired memberships that I import even though they may have expired over a year ago.

I have the CBSubs manual open all the time when I work on this and I search to try to find what I'm looking for because the document is almost 600 pages.

I've been working on this since late October, and it's just overwhelming - there are too many options that are all explained in the documentation in isolation instead of in a way that helps me decide which option to use and how to get things set up in a coherent way. I honestly don't know if I'm reading the right part of the documentation for what I'm trying to accomplish. A chapter or page number would help a lot at this point.

I searched for "cbsubs mailer" and there were 10 results. The relevant result seems to be on page 86 (Chapter 6.22). There's also something on page 164 having to do with a tab in the Settings that is created when CBSubs Mailer is installed. Finally, there's Chapter 9 "Working with Mailer" (page 456-466) that seems to take me in a whole different direction.

I apologize, but CBSubs is just too complicated for me. I've been using Joomla since 2006 and I host/manage 30 client sites - I'm not a novice at this stuff. I had this client set up to use another membership app, but because it was redundant with CB - and for a few other reasons - they asked me to switch to CBSubs.

I will focus on those four chapters (6.22, 7.3.7, 7.18 and 9) and start all over again with this, but if you can help me to get this done faster, I would very much appreciate it. My client is becoming frustrated with me, and I'm pulling my hair out.

Thank you,
Ernie

5 years 3 months ago #309733 by nant

5 years 3 months ago #309747 by krileon
The presentation emails and emails sent by CBSubs Emails both work the same. They send when the subscription state for that plan for a user changes (e.g. becomes active). The only difference between CBSubs Emails and the presentation emails is you can control the From Name/Address and the To address. It's not needed if you don't intend to use that functionality. Additionally the CBSubs Emails and presentation emails do not send when importing.

CBSubs Mailer is an email scheduler. So for example send an email 5 days after someone expires, 7 days before they expire, 1 day after they subscribe, etc.. Those will send when importing assuming the imported subscription can meet the criteria of one of your mailers. This would be the only way to have what you're wanting since importing doesn't trigger normal emails of a plan.

Hope that clears up the emailing situation and apologize for the confusion.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 3 months ago #309755 by ernienet
Replied by ernienet on topic CBSubs Import Error
I think I'm getting there.

I created a CRON for both the Mailer Automation Settings and also in the main Settings -> Automation Settings for Mass Expiry Settings. They'll run once each morning.

Where I'm a little confused is how I can set the Main Mailer Triggering Conditions to trigger for a wide variety of Subscription Dates - They range from 1/15/2012 (expired) to 7/11/2018 (still active).

Obviously, no Active subscription needs to get the email - just those which have expired (which is about 82 records as of today).

How do I set the trigger so it will go out to all the records I import that are expired?

Thank you,
Ernie
Attachments:

5 years 3 months ago #309776 by krileon
That should already work with your imported records as you've it configured to send 12 hours after someone expires. I recommend setting "Maximum messages per customer (0=unlimited)" to 1 so it only sends to each customer once so it doesn't spam them.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.234 seconds