CBSubs Import Error

5 years 3 months ago #309808 by ernienet
Replied by ernienet on topic CBSubs Import Error
I thought I had everything set up correctly, but over the weekend a member on the client's website received a message:

Dear Brenda,
Your subscription for plan Corporate on our site will expire on 01-18-2019 (which is in 5 from now).
Please log into your account at the [link to the site cb-login page] to renew.

I didn't create a message with that text, so I'm wondering where it came from.

The email used the template I set up in Setup under the Mailer tab (I have "Mailer enabled" set to Yes). I thought that the messages I created in the Mailer area would use that template - and that it was populated into the [MESSAGE_CONTENT] tag in the template, but it appears that something else is generating that content, because I didn't write it.

Further, Brenda registered on January 8th, 2019, and her Corporate membership is good for one year - why would this message tell her that it's expiring on 01-18-2019 - just 10 days later?

I'm so lost at this point! I set up emails in every area of CBSubs that I've been able to find, and the only message the customer reports getting is one that I can't find where it originated or why it's telling people to renew for a one-year subscription that they had just signed up for five days ago!

Does anything above provide enough information to help you answer this for me?

Thank you,
Ernie

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 3 months ago #309809 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs Import Error
Sounds like you've setup a mailer in CBSubs that sent as it should. Review its conditions carefully as it's possible they met the conditions you configured. Beyond that I don't know where it came from. If you've AcyMailing installed maybe you're subscribing them to a newsletter when they subscribe?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 3 months ago #309811 by ernienet
Replied by ernienet on topic CBSubs Import Error
I have no message with that text - or anything like that text - in Mailer. I have three Mailers that are set up to send 12 hours after expiration, and only to the members of each specific Plan (Free, Individual, and Corporate) because they have unique content.

I do have AcyMailing, and it's set up to subscribe users to a list, but I use a slightly different template for AcyMailing that includes an unsubscribe link and other AcyMailing-specific features.

I checked the logs and no other messages were sent other than that one strange message to Brenda. She has only one account in the CB/CBSubs, and it clearly shows she subscribed on 1/8/2019 for the Corporate Plan, which expires on 1/8/2020, and each plan is one-year long.

I did not create any emails with that particular text, but it clearly used the email template from the Settings -> Mailer tab. Also, the link to the website goes to the domain /cb-login. I renamed all the Community Builder menu items, removing the "cb-" part, so the actual login link is domain/login.

There must be some place in the settings that:

1. uses the template defined in Settings -> Mailer
2. populates from the [MESSAGE_CONTENT] tag (I assume)
3. is set somewhere other than Mailer, Settings -> Mailer, Plans -> Presentation, or Plans -> Integrations -> Email
4. contains that text "Your subscription for plan [PLAN_NAME] on our site will expire on [SUBSCRIPTION_EXPIRY_DATE] (which is [SUBSCRIPTION_VALIDITY_PERIOD_REMAINING] from now)."

I did not create any emails containing that last tag ([SUBSCRIPTION_VALIDITY_PERIOD_REMAINING]).

What am I missing? This message must be somewhere, and for some reason fired in error.

Please investigate further. My customer is panicking and wants to send a message to their whole membership (over 1,700 people in AcyMailing - most don't even have Joomla/CB accounts!) - warning them of technical difficulties!

Thank you,
Ernie

5 years 3 months ago #309829 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs Import Error
If CBSubs Mailer sent an email it'll be logged in CBSubs > Mailer > Sent Messages. The settings in CBSubs > Settings > Mailer only apply when a mailer is sent. Those parameters are absolutely used in only 1 single location and that's when the mailer queue is processed. So the only reason for a user to be sent that template is you've a mailer configured that they qualified for. It could've already been in the message queue if you ran tests, but hadn't sent yet then you made changes to the mailer but it's a bit late since the email was already queued. Is it still happening?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds